Please scroll to the bottom of the page to find links to the third party services I currently use to learn more about their privacy policies.
Information I Collect
- To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
- You may also choose to provide me with your name and email address so that I can deliver digital products and my newsletter to you.
The information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to me is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to me you are giving consent for me to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request that I delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting me firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose not to provide me with certain Personal Data, you will not be able to purchase a product, receive my newsletter, or receive digital products.
Other Information I May CollectAnonymous Data Collection and Use
I may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful for marketing purposes and for improving my services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
Use of “Cookies”
I may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. I do not capture any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do I employ any data-capture mechanisms on my Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on my Website and cause some features to not work properly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to process your payment, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or signing up for a digital product;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
- Legitimate Interest. I may contact you if I believe you have a legitimate interest in hearing from me. For example, if you purchase an e-course on book binding, you might have an interest in other book course I develop.
Information Sharing and DisclosureInformation about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as shipping companies, my newsletter provider, and my website hosting service. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Personal Data that you provide to me is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., my hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors, shipping services, Google Cloud which is Privacy Shield certified, or team members).
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, Restrict, Delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Links to Other Sites
There may be links on this site to other websites that I do not operate. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. I strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. I do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
I use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, I cannot guarantee the security of your information.
I request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
You may unsubscribe from my email newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact me at email@example.com.
I have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of my newsletters by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. I WILL NOT sell, rent or share your email address.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
I do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). My Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Notification of Changes to the Policy
I may change this policy from time to time, and if changes are made, they will be posted on this page. If you continue to visit this site after those changes are in effect, then you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, I may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Monica Moran, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Service Providers
** UPDATED MAY 2018 **