Friday, July 29, 2016

The Joy of a "Do-Over"...

Hello to one and all, my fellow Creative Beasts,

Today I want to share the joys of the 'do-over'...but first, I want to share some big life crises in my world that began last year and are still affecting me today:

My dear boyfriend, who has been the primary breadwinner of our household, was laid off from his job of over 21 years in October...

Six weeks later, his father died unexpectedly...

...and somewhere in between that, I turned 50...'happy birthday to me'... =\

Yes, our little household was hit pretty hard, and during the holiday season to boot.

I had high hopes for the new year ahead, for us both, until the first few days of 2016 brought yet more trauma that came under the guise of 'helpful friendship', by an individual who is really just a toxic negativity vampire disguised as a 'helpful friend'.

Needless to say, 2016 did NOT start on a good or positive note...

...and I struggled with the fallout of all the life crises and toxic negativity, which really impacted my energy and outlook until I realized I could have a 'New Year Do-Over' during the Chinese New Year...


New Year Rituals, Word of the Year and 'Coincidences':
For every New Year since 2009, since I learned about the ritual of choosing a "Word of The Year", I've been choosing a word or two to guide me. Unfortunately, 2015 was ending on such a bad note (and 2016 was starting out on an even worse note!), that I was having a hard time choosing a word for the year, so I decided to work with a whole mantra instead:

I invite Clarity, Trust and Magic into my life.

As luck, destiny or kismet would have it, a word came to me, and it arrived right around the time of the Chinese New Year. I was given a gift of an inspirational word stone that contained the word TRUST...

A gift from a mail art buddy I connected with last year, and outgrowth of choosing COMMUNITY as my Word of the Year in 2015...AND Community is one of my core values =)

TRUST is not something that comes easily to me in my life...with the exception of the inspirational stone!! ;)

But once I saw this stone, I knew I could move forward. I knew I could begin to learn how to lean in to trust the Universe, to TRUST that everything I need will cross my path when the time is right.

And since I began my 'New Year Do-Over' many people have come into my life to provide what I need for healing, for support, for encouragement, for reflection, for income...

A gathering of 'soul gifts' - crystals and stones for healing, a shell to remind me of the healing power of the sea, hand crafted ceramic dish and bird by different artists, my hand written set of affirmations that are part of Mondo Beyondo, an online course lead by Andrea Scher...these and other gifts have gone a long way toward my healing

The biggest gifts have been the healing gifts...and much of this healing work has needed a protected and safe space, as well as time.

Due to the time I've needed for healing, I've had little time for blogging.

Though I have been actively sharing my creative adventures on my Facebook page and at Instagram, I have missed my dear old blog...

But I now know there is power in a 'do-over', power in 'beginning again' and in starting over.

The Joy of the "Do-Over"
Today is a good day to 'Begin again' as today is my blogiversary. This blog has been around for 7 years and there has been so much goodness to come from having this blog, that I am SO GRATEFUL FOR...

I'm not yet sure how I will move forward with this dear old blog, but I have a few ideas and I hope you bear with me as I 'begin again' and move forward with Clarity, Trust and a little bit of MAGIC...

Thank you all so much for being here with me

4 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Monica, I am so glad I saw this post.
I want to say how desperately sorry I am to hear of the horrible events you and your boyfriend experienced. As one who has lost someone (my wife) who is really special and as one who has experienced six heartbreaking job redundancies I can get a glimmer of how this affected your lives.

Have faith as well as trust, Monica, that things will get better and I pray that the forces of good will prevail for you once again, and soon . . . :) x

The Creative Beast said...

EDDIE! Thank you SO MUCH for for visiting and leaving your comment here. I do remember when you lost your dear Maria, how devastated you were, but there was also the joy of your adorable grandson arriving on the scene, so I know that joys can follow closely on the heels of sorrow and I am definitely keeping Faith, as well as TRUST that things will right themselves so our future will not be so uncertain. Thank you for your kindness and support in our troubles Eddie - it is SO VERY appreciated! <3

kafj said...

Do-overs are great. Sometimes if I get out of the wrong side of bed I get back into it and try for a reset. And I think of Good Friday/Lady Day/Easter and my birthday as miniature new years as well, so I get plenty of chances for a do-over if I need one.

Good to see you back here, and I hope things look up for you.

Deborah Weber said...

Happy blogiversary Monica - what a wonderful thing to celebrate and the perfect marker for a "begin again." I look forward to many many more years of The Creative Beast brightening our world.

I'm truly sorry this year has been so challenging. And I'll join in and say this has been a really hard one for me as well. For so many of us I think. Plenty of opportunities for Begin Again.

I love your gathering of "soul gifts" - both for their beauty and for what they mean. Those sorts of touchstones and reminders are so important aren't they? Sending you all sorts of love and good energy as you continue on your journey with Trust. And I certainly hope the path opens widely soon bringing all manner of beautiful blessings to delight your heart and ease your mind.