Friday, December 4, 2015

Reverb15 - Show Us Your Selfie

Hello my fellow Creative Beasts,
Today is Day Five of Reverb15, hosted by Kat McNally of "I Saw You Dancing". There is still time to sign up HERE and play along if you are inspired to do so.

And now for today's writing prompt...

Prompt Five: Show Us Your Self(ie)!

Here is what Kat writes for todays prompt:

Go on, show us your selfie! You know you want to.

If you've been a part of Reverb before, you know that this is the bit where I invite you to share your favourite photo of yourself from the year (selfie or otherwise). 

For bonus points, give us a montage of the photos you have shared during each Reverb you’ve participated in. (Throwback Thursdays #tbt are also welcome!)

Hmmm...As I've already mentioned, this has not been the best year in my life, which results in very few photos of me, let alone any selfies.

However, I DID take a selfie shot of myself on Halloween this year...


I posted this shot on my Instagram account and at my Facebook page, as I was beginning to feel a little more upbeat about my life, despite one of two crises that began to unfold in my household.

Participating in Mondo Beyondo was helping me regain my 'dreaming big' muscles and I had received the gift of a free spot in Mindy Tsonas' Inner Alchemy Card workshop, so I was starting to feel better about things when I shot this photo...

Sadly, there has been a different crises unfolding in my household, which I can not share many details of at this time, but suffice to say that there was an unexpected death of a family member last month...

...And yet, I continue to 'invite CLARITY, TRUST and MAGIC into my life' each and every day when I write this affirmation in my little altered notebook and I'm happy to report that I have been visited yet again by my 'fairy godmother' who is making a big 50th birthday wish come true, so I have reason to smile these days, despite the loss and sadness hovering in my home.

Soon, I will share more of the happy news I received today, making this day a 'Good Friday'! But for now, I will share this years self(ie) with you all and hope that it will make you smile =)

And for fun, I'll share links to the previous selfies I've shared in Reverb12 and Reverb14 - hope you enjoy the old photos I share in those old posts!

Thank you for stopping my blog and reading today!

6 comments:

kathleenjowitt.com said...

A lovely, cheeky photo - it definitely made me smile! Hope things continue to improve for you.

Corinne Anderson said...

I see you have your magic wand at the ready. You are clearly engaging with your commitment to Clarity, Trust and Magic.

Deborah Weber said...

What a delightful photo Monica! And I'm so happy you've received some good news.

HALLELUJAH TRUTH said...

Dear CREATIVE BEAST, I'm so glad you are present and blogging through the complexities in life that we all face (not to minimize yours). You serve as a role model for us all to stay present and create and be no matter what else is going on. WE ARE ENOUGH right now. Thanks also for the Clarity and Magic! Yes!

Fil said...

Beautiful photo - it definitely made me smile. I hope the new year brings lots of joy to you.

JyllianM said...

What a wonderful photo. I will be back just because of the glint in your eye, the joy and magic I can see in the picture. It really is great.