Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Reverb15 - La Luna

Hello my fellow Creative Beasts,

Today is Day Three of Reverb15, hosted by Kat McNally of "I Saw You Dancing". There is still time to sign up HERE and play along if you are inspired to do so.

And now for today's writing prompt...

Prompt Three: Lady Luna

When was the last time you stopped to look up at the moon? 

What did she have to say to you?

As a matter of fact, I stopped to look at La Luna last week, just before Thanksgiving Day. It was a cool night and La Luna was very nearly at her fullest and quite lovely to gaze upon. But then, she usually is...

I don't often hear any messages La Luna might have for me, but that could be because I am usually stopped in my tracks at her beauty.

But if La Luna did have a message for me, particularly these days, it might be this:

Calm
Cool
Serenity

I am reminded of a quote I once heard about the moon:

"As the sun rises, she will surrender the night, but she is always with him, even when he can not see her."

(Chow Yun-Fat as King Monkut in Anna and The King)


Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading today!

5 comments:

kathleenjowitt.com said...

There are few things so beautiful as the moon. I think the list of qualities you associate with her is entirely appropriate.

Deborah Weber said...

What a fabulous quote, and it sounds like such tender love story doesn't it? Cool, calm, serenity - I'd say you heard La Luna perfectly! May she always shine that energy upon you.

Corinne Anderson said...

Oh yes! That Thanksgiving Moon was gigantic and breathtakingly beautiful. Your lovely quote reminds me of the times I can see the moon during the day in shades of ivory cool against the blue sky…

RW said...

It was a beautiful moon just past.

Fil said...

I love that quote. Those qualities sound just right too.
Fil
Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories