Monday, December 7, 2015

Reverb15 - Alchemy & Serendipity

Hello my fellow Creative Beasts,
Today is Day Eight of Reverb15, hosted by Kat McNally of "I Saw You Dancing". There is still time to sign up HERE and play along if you are inspired to do so.

And now for today's writing prompt...

Prompt Eight: Alchemy & Serendipity

Today's prompt is a guest post from Jennifer Williams-Fields, who is also a participant in this year's #reverb15. You can learn more about her story and her book at her blog.

Here is the prompt Jennifer shares with us today:

While alchemy is the active process of creating something of value, serendipity is the passive path to finding an unexpected treasure. 

Looking back through 2015, what did you diligently try to create? 

What great thing did you just happen to find?

Many of you know that I have been working diligently, for over a year now, on launching my creative career with teaching my own workshops. It has been a real struggle with very little results to show for it and this eventually caused me being burned out, blocked and broke.

Rest is what I needed and I began to make a conscious choice to stop all work tasks and to begin the process of RESTING. I even recruited my mail art buddy, Cindy Mearns, to be my accountability buddy as I checked in with her to share what creative or restful actions I would be taking each day, instead of doing more work to launch my creative career and she was happy to hold me accountable and lend her encouragement and support!

I guess it might sound as if I was also diligently working at RESTING!

But while I was starting my 'regime of rest', I took the leap to join in Andrea Scher's online course, Mondo Beyondo, where I set my intention to 'Invite CLARITY, TRUST and MAGIC into my life' and that is when the serendipity began to fall into place, which I have already mentioned, but will re-list again here:
  • A free spot in the Inner Alchemy Card Deck course from a 'fairy godmother'
  • A 'fairy card reading' from a friend given to me out of the blue, yet setting a positive tone before my 50th birthday
  • A visit with a 'fellow dreamer' which turned into more of an 'intuitive business reading' with many insights on how I can move forward with my creative business, that doesn't require me to work so damn hard all the time!
  • Some opportunities falling into place
  • Free session with a wonderful and energetic life coach who showed me I can honor doing things in the way that works best for ME
  • Making some new connections that might result in a part time job and place for teaching my workshops
  • Another 'fairy godmother' gift being given to me
  • Finding 'Messages from the Universe' throughout the Mondo Beyondo course that were meant for me, particularly this message: "Everything is unfolding exactly as it should - YOU CAN REST"

I am still working on continuing with the rest, especially as the year winds down, but I am happy I took a leap to join Mondo Beyondo because it has really helped me to rebuild my 'dreaming big' muscles, as well as helping me tune in to my intuition, which has been slowly guiding me toward a few opportunities I might otherwise have missed...

I am slowly beginning to see Hope on the horizon =)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading today!

4 comments:

HALLELUJAH TRUTH said...

Congratulations for all of the alchemy you created in your life and the surprises that come along while you were doing your work. I trust that the rest will renew you and create even more MAGIC in the presence of clarity and trust. I support you in your journey!

Corinne Anderson said...

I love seeing the list of transforming magic. It feels as though with each sharing the gift is being given again, spreading it's magic further out into the world.

Deborah Weber said...

I love that idea of strengthening your dreaming big muscles - that feels so powerful and such a beautiful accomplishment to celebrate this year. I'm glad you found a way to make rest more front-and-center. I keep imagining that you planted some deep seeds this year, and while it may seem they haven't shown up in the way you want, I think they're below ground working their magic and getting ready to pop up into a fabulous 2016.

kathleenjowitt.com said...

This is such a powerful, honest post. I am glad that these lovely serendipitous things have happened, and are happening, for you, and I hope that the work you have already put in bears good fruit.