Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 4 of April Moon

Hello my fellow Creative Beasts,
Today is Day 4 of Kat McNally's writing challenge, April Moon and you are invited to join and play along however you are moved to do so. You will find the details and sign up HERE.

Now for today's writing prompt...

The Last Time I Felt Completely Relaxed...was last week when the free 'Feel Good Yoga' sessions returned to my local library.

These weekly yoga sessions have become a part of my self care program after a few short weeks, so when the sessions stopped for spring break, I was disappointed, despite using that time for much needed rest and relaxation as I healed from some emotional work and a sinus attack.

The first session of the yoga series resumed last week and it felt wonderful to know I would be spending an hour working on 'feeling good', gently stretching my muscles and focusing on my well-being...

The class began with focused breathing which was so relaxing I feared I might fall asleep as I often do during slow, quiet moments in energy work or meditation practice, but, for a change, I felt relaxed AND alert to my breathing and my body. It was good to be feeling so much better with my sinuses no longer blocked, the rest and relaxation I had been doing to fight off burnout was certainly paying off and I could feel the yoga as an extension of the self care I've been engaging in.

By the end of the session, I felt restored to myself and now I can't wait for this week's session!


1 comment:

Alana said...

Feel good yoga - that sounds so great! I wish there was something like that close to me. I love the description of the relaxed and alert state. What a wonderful part of your self care program.