Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Moon 2015 is on the Horizon...

Hello my fellow Creative Beasts,
Things in my neck of the woods have been a bit of a slog for the month of March, what with all the emotional work I've been doing and the sinus attack I had as a result of it (as I mentioned in my last blog post), so I am glad to see April make its entrance...especially as April Moon is on the horizon with journaling prompts to get some magical mojo going, and I can ALWAYS use some magical mojo in my life:

A new altar I recently created in my studio space to honor my "Inner Book Artist" - it sits atop my wood book press and mini-book press...

For any of you who are curious, April Moon is a reflective writing challenge hosted by a dear blog buddy, Kat McNally, who blogs at I Saw You Dancing. I participated in this challenge last year, and have been playing along with nearly all of Kat's writing challenges since #Reverb12 and lots of juicy stuff happens during these writing challenges, I can tell you!

I have mentioned here that I have never really been much of a written journal keeper in my life, even though I have a habit of collecting blank journals. Here is a peek at a small portion of my blank journal collection, which I shared a few years ago...and I still have yet to use any of these journals, despite how cute they all are!


Because I'm not much of a diarist, I often look at this blog as my way of journaling about my life, particularly my creative life and projects. Though I do create art journals of my own, they mostly focus on making art, they are not about recording my thoughts and feelings or my dreams and goals...


...though it is fair to say that many of my art journal pages contain some element of myself in them, such as this journal spread made at an Orly Avineri workshop.

Since writing this post from last years #Reverb14, I think I am finally beginning to see the benefit of writing out my feelings so they don't have to stay bottled up in my head, and especially in my heart. And I find that my feelings are finally starting to release themselves as I continue to vent the various layers as they unfold...not to mention some of the magic and serendipity that happens when I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!) and I share some of the desires I have in my heart, when prompted to do so.

So of course, I am now looking forward to playing along with this years #AprilMoon15 writing challenge. I can't wait to see what juicy prompts are in store and I look forward to making some magic happen when I share my thoughts and feelings, my dreams and goals with all of you here...

I do hope you will join along with us, however you choose to play along! Stop by Kat's blog to learn more and sign up to receive the writing prompts in your email each day. The magic begins this Saturday, April 4, so be sure to sign up SOON so you don't miss out on any of the prompts.

I hope to see you play along!

1 comment:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Glad you are still creating Monica.
I am in hospital right now where lots of patients are also creating . . .
Haven't seen you for a while, Sending hugs and visiting my friends in BlogLand . . . . :)