Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 20 of Reverb14 - Space for Joy...

Today is Day 20 of Reverb14, hosted by the lovely Kat McNally who blogs at I Saw You Dancing. Check out the Reverb14 page HERE to join along and journal to the amazing prompts as we journal our way out of 2014...it's YOUR CHOICE to journal publicly or privately, as we all journal our way out of 2014 and plan for the new year ahead...

Today's prompt is given to use by the fabulous Jen Lee, an amazing blogger and storyteller. Today Jen writes this for us:

One thing I learned in 2014 was how to make space for joy and levity, even in the midst of challenging circumstances or sad times. 

How could you make space for joy in the year to come? How could you protect it?

If you've been following my Reverb14 posts, then you'll know that I've been struggling in my life this past year, which certainly has left much room for JOY. But as I've been journaling along with these thoughtful prompts, there are some things that are becoming clear and focusing on JOY is one of them - how to make space for that, is now the question...

Perhaps a way I could make space for joy in 2015 is by starting that accomplishment journal I've been writing about here. Trying to keep up with my practice of keeping a gratitude journal turned out to be like almost everything else this year - hard work, and I'm ready to let go of all the hard work and to take up the practice of being at EASE, in the hopes that things will manifest more EASE-ily in my life...

Now, I am an individual who relishes ACCOMPLISHMENT and that is something that brings JOY in my life. I think if I begin to practice tracking my accomplishments, it will bring me that sense of JOY I need more of and it can also help me to see how much I am building toward my creative career, so I won't feel as though I am getting 'nowhere' with all my efforts.

And maybe it will begin to trigger my gratitude for the blessings in my life, which will bring more blessings and more goodness...

Which of course will bring me more JOY...

And tracking all the accomplishment and joy will be a wonderful way to protect it all.

I think this is a plan I can manage with EASE as I begin to let go of 'trying so hard'.

2 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Sounds like a lovely idea. I wish you a full of joy and happiness 2015!

Deborah Weber said...

I'm really loving the idea of your accomplishment journal Monica. May it unfold with perfect ease, as does your year. And may there be plenty of color and sparkles and fabulousness as well.