Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 18 of Reverb14 - Nourishment...

Today is Day 18 of Reverb14, hosted by the lovely Kat McNally who blogs at I Saw You Dancing. Check out the Reverb14 page HERE to join along and journal to the amazing prompts as we journal our way out of 2014...it's YOUR CHOICE to journal publicly or privately, as we all journal our way out of 2014 and plan for the new year ahead...

The prompt for today comes to us from Sophie Appleby and here is her offering for us to ponder as Reverb14 continues:

 In the busyness of the everyday, taking time to nourish the soul doesn't reach the top of the 'to do' list as often as it should. 

What nourishes your soul? How would you like to incorporate more of this into your life in 2015?


There are many things that nourish my soul, but the biggest item that REALLY nourishes me is quiet time spent READING...

In the recent posts for Reverb14 I've made a few lists of things I'd love more of in 2015, and you can read the extensive lists HERE, but when I REALLY think about what nourishes me the most, it is quiet time spent reading books, lots and LOTS of different books:

Craft books to inspire creative projects, to inspire art journaling or book making
Biographies of people who inspire me, or who have led artful lives
Books about PARIS - places to see and how people live, where they shop and, of course, EAT!
Books about writers I love
Books I've read as a child that I would love to read again
Books on mail art to inspire me to make more of it!

Now, there are MANY links to the many books I'd love to read and these books are stored in my private wish list at Amazon, but trust me when I say this short list in my blog post is NOTHING when you see the list of books in my wish list, not to mention the books stored in my lists in my online library account!

I have many interests and love to read books to learn more about them all!

Some days, I manage to carve out time to read with my morning breakfast, but it's not everyday. Some days I make time to read with my lunch but, again, this is not everyday. However, I do enjoy starting my day with a book to go with my breakfast and if I can manage to make time to do this at least 3 times a week, I think it would be a very good start to chipping away at my wish list of books...

After all, I'll never get through my lists of books if I don't try to read at least 3 times during my week!

My collection of craft books, which include knitting, sewing, book arts and mail art books, all of them INSPIRING!


4 comments:

Christine Gautreaux said...

Monica - I think we may soul sisters!!! I always laugh and say I'm book poor! When we moved in July I can't tell you how many times a friend said, "ANOTHER box of books!" :)

Deborah Weber said...

Oh Monica I do love a sister bibliophile. Especially one with multiple lists of books to be read. Why my lists could fill a book! Love the peek into your shelf of craft books. Wishing you plenty of nourishing reading time in 2015 and lots of books to keep you entertained.

onethousandandtwo said...

Wow! That's alot of books and interests. I love books too. I used to buy more books than groceries, but now I have found the library. :-)

Lily

Kat McNally said...

Snap! :)