Friday, September 12, 2014

On Making New Connections...

Hello Dear Friend,
For some time now I've been marinating in the effects that writing for August Moon has had in my life. Magic is starting to happen and it is getting exciting!

One of the things I expressed a desire for was this:

My intention is to continue with my creativity AND to search the company of other creative souls, because I know that those who serve their creative impulses are people of kindness, generosity and humor, things I need in my life right now since I'm having trouble remembering how to treat MYSELF with kindness, generosity and laughter

...and here is what's taking shape since I wrote out this wish:

I joined a private Facebook group to provide inspiration to a woman named Lauri who also needed some creative support of her own in the year ahead. She was NOT related to August Moon in anyway, but she is part of the Inspiration Deck Swap group I joined and that is how I learned about Lauri's year-long project...

There is a swap of mail art each month and the first mailing has already been sent out. I had an idea of something to do for Lauri throughout this year-long project and she wrote on her blog about the mini-book project I sent to her.

The feelings she conveyed regarding my project for her moved me immensely and it warmed my heart to read her words at her blog. I plan to share how I made the small booklet with you soon,  but it was the instructions of what she is to do with the booklet that really captured Lauri's imagination...

Small handmade book, made and sent to a new friend...

I have also begun making a new connection with someone who IS connected to August Moon, who expressed her need for creative companionship at her fledgling blog. I read her post about her desire for a 'close support system' of her own, so I reached out, as I have a habit of doing, which Kat (the hostess of August Moon) can certainly attest to!

We are now beginning with weekly emails to get to know each other and we have plans to do our own monthly mail art exchange as well...I am getting excited about these new connections! Not only do I make new friends, but I will receive art-full goodies in the mail as well!

And who wouldn't enjoy some bright cheerful mail art instead of bills or junk in their mailbox??!?!

A few mail art postcards in various states of progress which I plan to complete SOON and eventually mail out!

All this mail art is starting to form an idea in my head of something I might be able to provide as a service to others. It is just an inkling of an idea that I need to ponder on for awhile, but you can bet that I will share more with you when the time is right, my friend!

I'll be back soon to share more news on these emerging friendships, as well as my inkling of an idea for a mail art project. Until then, I hope you are making time for some creativity in your day to feed your soul!

4 comments:

Glenda Hoagland said...

This is a very thought provoking post. I cannot wait to see what is next.

Martha Slavin said...

Thank you for writing this post. You are so right about making connections through art. I enjoy your blog!

Martha Slavin said...

Thank you for this post. The connection between people through art is wonderful. More power to you for engaging in so many ways!

Kathryn Hansen said...

ohhh how awesome Monica!! Connections are sooo important!!!