Monday, August 25, 2014

The End of August Moon and The Start of..?

Many thanks to all of you who continue to stop by and read here at my blog. Lately, I've been writing for August Moon, instead of sharing my creative projects, but that will change soon, especially since August Moon is now coming to an end...

The final prompts of August Moon are:

Gently Go
Do It Now
Here's To Your Future!

So let me commence upon on these final prompts before I return to my regularly programmed schedule of creative project sharing...

GENTLY GO
This prompt begins with the question:
"How will you start the journey? If you're anything like me you have spent the past two weeks gathering information about yourself and now you're itching to do something. I invite you..to contemplate the path ahead from a place of greater self-compassion. What sort of trust would this require?"

Self-compassion is not easy for me, probably because I had many expectations placed on me as a first born child (another story for another time) and I continue to push myself to this day.

Neither is trust an easy thing for me and that has been a constant for much of my life. But at least I can say that I am getting better at letting my life unfold at it's own pace, which I think is a form of self-compassion and the letting go that goes with the unfolding is a form of trust I'm getting used to.

Life has not been particularly easy for me these past months of 2014 and my trust in the Universe has eroded because of it, along with my manifesting mojo.

Sometime last week, I came upon yet another blog post about 'lists like prayers' and I'd made a copy of it as something to try out as a practice for myself. Come to find that I've been making quite a few lists with these August Moon prompts!

And watching as some of the items on my August Moon 'lists' are beginning to germinate, I'm starting to think that if I can keep a sense of playfulness in what I want to manifest, along with a 'lets see what happens!' enthusiasm as I create some new lists for my life, then I just might be able to regain my old manifesting mojo, which has been sorely lacking these past few months.

Then maybe my trust in the magic of the Universe will return.

DO IT NOW
"What if there was no need to wait until you're 'perfectly formed'? Don't wait until you have it all figured out. Pick something easy, something scary. Just start. And keep going."

My own life coach has advised me to 'start where I am' and to 'begin imperfectly' on a regular basis, so I think I am doing okay with both concepts in some aspects. I finally put up my folding table in my workspace, despite my workspace being a cluttered mess, which is certainly 'imperfect':


...and I try to chip away at the clutter, starting where I am, so I can return to teaching some workshops in the new place I now call home.

I've been meaning to 'pick something scary' for awhile now and that is to make some videos for my blog. Now while I can attempt to 'begin imperfectly', the mere thought of figuring out how to edit and save a video for loading into my blog is almost too overwhelming for my little brain! But I will see what I can do before the end of this year...

"What if what you are doing right now was actually your destination? What would that mean for your journey?"

The idea that 'what I am doing right now is actually my destination' is not a particularly happy one - I am living in a place that doesn't reflect a lot of ME, I am surrounded by more than my own clutter, and I am making NO MONEY right now, despite choosing MONEY as my Word of the Year...which makes me think that I should change my WOTY as suggested by Kat herself in one of her blog posts from July!

If I just looked at 'what I am doing right now' and attempted to judge my journey on that, it does not look promising, but when I look at all that I've written so far and see some connections I've made, both through August Moon, along with connections I'm venturing to make elsewhere as a way to manifest what I need in my life right now, I think my current journey is looking a lot brighter.

And that is making me feel a lot better about where I am in my life right now.

HERE'S TO YOUR FUTURE!
"Fast forward a year...write a little love note to yourself from yourself a year from now. What does your one-year-older, one-year-wiser self have to say to where you are now?"

I don't often write letters to my past self, or even my future self, but after reading an interesting 'letter to my 20-year-old self' at a blog I recently discovered, it made me think twice about writing letters to oneself altogether...

And I just might write a letter to myself and keep it tucked away until Kat prompts us to open that letter...but in the meantime, here is something I should know this time next year, that I think you would like to peek at:

TO: Creative Beast of  2014
FROM: Creative Beast of 2015

"Oh, you Creative Beast you! Once again, despite all obstacles, you have managed to keep your wits about you and survive many challenges big and small. This is due in no small part to your creative problem solving skills, skills that many would kill for since so few actually have them to use in their own lives. (Case in point: those 'negative energy suckers' aka 'fringe dwellers' that occasionally make an appearance in your life - but the upside in having to put up with these fools is that they provide some great material/stories/Aesop's fables you often entertain your friends with!)

You've managed to bring in much needed money to your new household of two with your sewing and art skills by teaching some wonderful and enthusiastic students, as well as sewing for some wonderful women who actually LIVE OUT OF STATE, something you would never have thought was possible, but when fun, engaging and interesting opportunities spring up, you always know which ones are the RIGHT ONES for YOU.

You have a small but trusted group of creatives who are also following a creative entrepreneurial path so you now have the support you need to continue forging a creative business with all the fun, engaging and interesting challenges that come with self-employment and you do love fun, engaging and interesting, but not difficult, challenges!

There is much more I want to celebrate with you, Creative Beast of 2014, but Creative Beast of 2015 knows that her blog readers have only so much time to read, and Creative Beast of 2015 also knows when to keep an audience on the edge of their seats, hungry for the next chapter, so be sure to stay tuned, one and all, for the continuing adventures of the Creative Beast in 2014!"

"Keep this letter somewhere safe. I'll remind you to open it this time next year. You have my word of honor there will be glorious surprises."

I think I will write out this letter to my future self and I will keep it safe until it is time to open it and see what magic has come to pass this time next year...stay tuned so we both find out what has come to pass!

***   ***   ***

What about you, dear friend? What letter would you write to yourself, one year from today? What encouragement would your one-year-wiser self share with you that you could use in your life right now? Better still, why not try writing a letter to your younger self and let her know how proud you are of the challenges you both have survived? It might just bring more courage to face what is ahead of you today!

3 comments:

Glenda Hoagland said...

Excellent post my friend. Seems like August moon was a wonderful process. I too have to spend more quality time on self care.

kafj said...

The next year's going to be awesome :-D

Kat McNally said...

Excellent insights, Monica, as always.
You know something, when I saw your WOTY just now the first thought that popped into my head was "Right on the money!"
I wonder if your word is not literal but figurative? I am curious to know the places where you are "Right on the money" is your life, and the ones where you may be off-course.
Something to ponder...?