Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Return to Sunday Shorts...

It's been awhile since I posted any 'short films' here on my blog for my little "Sunday Shorts" series but after watching this TED Talk, which was linked in a recent post from an artful blog buddy, I felt this TED Talk needs to make the rounds among women everywhere, since it seems that so many of us are STILL suffering from "Trying to Please Everyone Everyday for Approval" syndrome...

I began my long journey toward ending this syndrome in myself around the time I turned 30 (almost 20 years ago!), but there are days when I realize I am still suffering some form of this syndrome, one way or another, but at least I am now able to catch myself doing it. And while making myself my No. 1 priority isn't always easy (those pleasing and approval 'bugs' can take a LONG time to purge out of the system!), I am always reminded how important it is to my MENTAL HEALTH to continue making myself, and just as importantly, MY CREATIVITY, a priority in my life.

I hope, dear friend, that you enjoy it:

No comments: