Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Bird in the Hand" - Part 2

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
Today you will see more photos of my hand-crafted book "Bird in the Hand" made under the tutelage of DJ Pettitt at An Artful Journey Retreat.

I will continue with the rest of the pages from Signature #1 and begin with the first page of signature #2, so settle in with a cup of coffee or tea and take some time peruse these artful pages...

Signature #1 - Book Pages Continued...






These words were cut from a piece of sheet music; though these words were referring to music, it seems this phrase can apply to science also...

The page on the left came from the torn watercolor painting - the page on the right is painted and collaged by me...





The text in the scrap running along the right side of the page reads "You always remember your first"



The 'diamond' pattern stitching was done on the machine 'free-form', meaning it was not measured out and I eyeballed the design as I went - it was time-consuming but worth the final results!

 Between 2 signatures - on the left, another page made from the old watercolor painting. On the right, a page painted and collaged by me...

I often think of titling this book "Practical Exercises" for this scrap from an old book page...

***   ***   ***

More pages from the 2nd signature of this artful book will be shared next week, but there will be Sunday Snippets, where you can get a glimpse of projects I'm working on, so be sure to stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i love it...so cool!!!