Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Journey Has Ended...But Not For Long*...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I am still decompressing from my time at the Presentation Center, and learning so much from DJ Pettitt at An Artful Journey, but I just wanted to take a moment to share the fabulous rental car I got to drive in:


Can you believe this was available for rent??!?! A FIAT 500 - SUPER CUTE and it was fun to drive! It might be small, but it was big enough to carry my clothes and art supplies for an extended weekend of bliss-FULL creativity! It was HARD turning in this cute little ride**...

I managed to share a few pics of my book in progress on my Facebook page, despite the spotty wifi at the center. I'm realizing that I really didn't take very many shots of my book in progress, since there was SO MUCH to do to make this book come together, but here is a shot I didn't share on Facebook:

Assembling fabric scraps to be sewn and used for the book spine and 'end papers'...

DJ Petitt taught some amazing techniques for painting a bird, not to mention her construction methods for making a book. I was really in the workshop to learn the latter, but learning how to 'paint' a bird on my book cover was icing on the cake! I can't wait to start incorporating the new techniques into my book making process...

There is more I want to share with you all, but these 2 photos will have to do for now, until I have more time to write about my trip, so be sure to stay tuned! 


* - Though it was said that this would be the last Artful Journey retreat, our fabulous retreat coordinator, Cindy Woods, might bring it back in a year or two - cross your fingers for it! =-)

** - I REALLY loved driving this Fiat 500 and I've been hearing about the hybrid models. I'm starting to hope that this car just might be in my future ;)

No comments: