Friday, January 24, 2014

Feeling Disappointed...but DETERMINED!

Hello Dear Blog Readers,
I've been excited about my upcoming creative workshop teaching gig taking place tomorrow at Los Angeles Valley College for the Community Services Program...

Part of the workshop kit for LAVC students available for sale in my Etsy shop...

However, it's now been cancelled due to lack of enrollment.

Needless to say, I was disappointed when I saw the workshop removed from the website, followed by an email from the manager of the program informing me that the workshop had been cancelled...

Paper ephemera scraps are another part of the workshop kit...

Launching a creative teaching career has not been easy, but I'm DETERMINED to keep searching for places or ways to teach and encourage creativity and self-discovery through art...in fact, I'm going to let you in on a little dream I've had for awhile:

I want to create an online workshop

But something has been missing and this is it:

I need YOUR HELP to create it!

I have had a few ideas for an online workshop, but I'm not sure what you readers would REALLY TRULY be interested in:

sewing?
collage art?
book making?

There are many workshops I've conducted or begun crafting that are listed on my Upcoming Events page and maybe you would have loved to participate in the workshop but you don't live nearby and an online version of the workshop would be great for YOU and your schedule!

I am going to compile a list of workshop ideas and offer my list to you, Dear Blog Reader, so you can help me determine some workshops I can create and post for online participation. However, you are welcome to peruse my current workshop offerings on my Upcoming Events page and choose a workshop from that list - you can leave a comment or send a message if one of my current offerings is something you would like to see online! But in the meantime, be on the lookout for a list of fun and creative workshops that would be made from scratch - there might be something for YOU!

So while I've been feeling disappointed about my cancelled workshop, you can see that I haven't been disappointed for long and, looking on the bright side, it gives me more time to continue unpacking and sorting the new studio space...to make it a little more 'camera-ready'! ;)


And it definitely needs a LOT more work, as you can see!

WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
I'll be posting Sunday Snippets this weekend and sharing a progression of shots of a 'landscape in transition', so be sure to stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

I'm so sorry Monica! the art world is full of disappointments, but sometimes it leads us in different directions! Hang in there...it'll absolutely work out...look how many years it took before I started getting busy!! Alot!!

I have always loved book binding, so to me that would be a fabulous course!!