Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blogtoberfest 2013 Begins!

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I am so excited that Blogtoberfest is here again, though the "Hostess with the Most-ess" has changed again, from Kat of I Saw You Dancing to Michelle who blogs at Shells in the Bush and Michelle is quite the artist, as I learned from her bio page...

Michelle has also posed some great blog prompts for this year of Blogtoberfest, with the prompt for Tuesdays being "Talkative Tuesday - Tell us about yourself" and so I shall...but first a quick introduction.

  • For those of you visiting for the first time, you can read my About Me page HERE...
  • You can learn more about me from the many links in my Points of Interest page, where I share stories or projects such as the story of my dear Wise Woman and the doll I created based on her; my Office Art Book, created in response to a bad work environment; my first art exhibit Currency of Strength, and other stories... 
  • I teach creative workshops that include elements of self-discovery and sometimes I teach them as private sessions too; you can learn about them on my Upcoming Events page...

And now, I want to share how I got involved with Blogtoberfest and the amazing opportunities it has brought me...

***   ***   ***

My First Blogtoberfest
I remember when I first began participating in Blogtoberfest, back in 2009. I had met Cathy of Tinniegirl through the Yahoo group for participants in the first ever Artful Journey Retreat. I peeked at her blog and began to leave comments. She began to respond and leave comments at my blog and before you knew it, a friendship had begun...

 Me (left) with Cathy, aka Tinniegirl, creator of Blogtoberfest

The day of the retreat finally arrived and I was SO excited to meet Cathy in person! We were both taking the same workshop with a fabulous duo of instructors - Kelly Rae Roberts and Mati Rose. You know, I was almost MORE excited about meeting Cathy than I was about meeting Kelly Rae Roberts!! To think I had met someone living in Australia through my newly formed blog and I would get to meet her in person - it was very exciting stuff for me!

Before the retreat, Cathy invited me to join Blogtoberfest and I am so glad I did.  I met so many artful bloggers during my first Blogtoberfest, and I continue to follow their creative adventures today. I really look forward to discovering some new artful bloggers as I make my way through the growing list of participants...

And now for some other things you should know about me, at this time in my life:

* I do not have internet at home - this makes actual daily participation in Blogtoberfest a bit of a challenge! Last year I chose to share a photo a day, from the many, MANY photos I have shot in the past, many of which had not been shared on my blog before. You can see those posts from this link for Blogtoberfest 2012 .

* I often respond to blog comments through personal email, so be sure your account is set up to receive email responses! You might be wondering how I manage this if I don't have internet - I do have a local library so I make regular trips and use the internet at a local branch, which leads me to...

* I LOVE BOOKS!! I love reading them and I love making them! You will see my book binding projects in various stages of construction here at the blog and I may finally begin sharing my reviews of creative artful books that I have read or own, so be sure to stay tuned for that...

* I love to have a Word of the Year (WOTY) and I often add a 'qualifier' to hone my word. This year my word has been CREATIVE WORK, but I may have to change it before the end of the year to PAID WORK!! I have certainly been working hard at crafting a creative career, which hasn't been easy. Sadly, it has not yet been as profitable as I'd hoped, and to this end I have taken a part time job to bring in some needed regular income. More about this will be shared in future posts - how it came about was quite a story!

* I do a LOT of self discovery work with my fabulous Life Coach, Pete Lee. I often share the work I do with Pete here - there are days of struggle, I can tell you and this year has been full of challenges, but I am so grateful to Pete for his abundant support throughout the challenges, as well as being a great cheerleader for the good times too...

And last, but not least...
* I will be hosting a giveaway for Blogtoberfest, as I often do. I don't yet know what the item will be, but many past giveaways have been pretty popular...and usually personalized, so be sure to check back for your chance to win an wonderful crafted goodie made for you from ME!

In Summing Up:
I love that Michelle has such great ideas for daily blogging prompts - most of them will be easy for me to follow along with and they are very fun too! My only trouble spot will be the Monday prompts since my skills in creating photo-mosaics are limited. I am still getting used to using Photoshop for scanning my artwork and turning the scans into use-able jpegs!

And with that, let Blogtoberfest 2013 COMMENCE!!!

Canvas made by The Creative Beast

3 comments:

Rachél Payne - Creativity Tribe said...

What a fun personality you have! I am excited to see where this goes for you. This is my first Blogtoberfest too. I know Michelle through our shared Flying Lessons group. EnJOY!

Laurel's Quill said...

you are one busy woman!!!

Kathryn Hansen said...

are you on goodreads Monica?!