Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Fading 'August Moon'...

Hello Dear Blog Readers,
The many prompts shared through August Moon, hosted by Kat and Meredith, have had me reflecting a lot these past few weeks. I shared some of these reflections here in this post, then in this post. I'd like to do a round up of the remaining prompts I did not get to write upon while the August Moon was moving in orbit - maybe these prompts will get you thinking too...

Intentions
The prompt went like this:

"How have you treated yourself this year? Have you kept your intentions?"

I do not make New Year resolutions or intentions, but I do use the Word of The Year worksheets and some intentions do come out of them. One of my intentions is one that is a hold-over from last year - make a day trip to the city of Ventura by myself. Unless I count my hour long 'pit-stop' while driving home from this years Artful Journey Retreat as a 'day trip', this intention will have to be moved again to the next year, due to some much needed car repairs that I have yet to find the money to pay for...

As for how I've been treating myself, I continue to work with my wonderful life coach Pete, I've been having monthly meet-ups with a fellow creative and entrepreneur and I've begun to make time for reading fun books, all of which I consider to be good self care!

Seize the Season
The prompt for this day was:

"How do you intend to transition into the new season?"

Unfortunately, living in 'sunny California' there is really no such thing as 'season' here, since the weather is bright and warm for much of the year. This summer was quite mild and livable until this month of September - then the heat waves began!

So far, it just does not feel like 'Fall season' to me, which I actually like, as it means cooler weather is approaching. But I can think about how I'd like to make the transition, when it finally appears, so I would like to do some Fall Cleaning, instead of 'Spring cleaning'. There is a LOT I feel a need to clean/clear out of my home and out of my life, physically and emotionally. This might turn into a short series here on the blog, so stay tuned...

Blessings
The prompt for this day of August Moon was:

"Sometimes we get too caught up with life's circumstances. Count the blessings you've had to be grateful for this year."

Yes, I know how easily and quickly we can get caught up with life, but since starting my nightly gratitude journal ritual, I know I always have something to be grateful for, each and every day. Here is a list of items that are thought of every day - 

My friends
My dear boyfriend
My fabulous life coach
Creative inspiration - I find it nearly every day!

...And other items I am grateful for - 
Libraries for borrowing books and dvds
Riding my bicycle
Having LOTS of art supplies to use (sometimes too many!)
Eggs - you can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on how you prepare them!

Items I SHOULD have my list -
my health
a place to live
a car to drive

Gratitude can be big or small. I've come to learn this through my gratitude journal!

Word
Now THIS prompt stopped me in my tracks when I first saw it:

"What word did you choose as your traveling companion in 2013? How is it working for you? Where have the surprises been?"

I actually touched upon this prompt in this blog post, but I didn't really address the question 'where have the surprises been'...probably because I can't think of any surprises, at least not good ones! I guess the surprise is that I am doing the working, instead of my word working FOR me. In spite of adding CREATIVE to my word for the year, which was added in the hopes that work would feel more playful and effortless, it's been HARD work which has yet to pay off financially, in a real and consistent way.

Yearnings
Here is the prompt:

"Have you developed new yearnings so far this year? Let go of old ones?"

I have DEFINITELY got a new yearning - I yearn to MOVE! While there are some great benefits to my current home - financially affordable rent control apartment, nice views from some windows, 2 bedrooms with one as my sewing room, there are a LOT of problems with the environment,  landlady and neighbors and I know this is affecting me in negative ways, blocking me and keeping me from stepping into real abundance.

As for letting go of old yearnings, I'm not sure, but when I find one, I'll get back to you...

Opportunity
The prompt for this was:

"What once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity(ies) came your way so far?"

For this prompt, I can say having my workshop turn into a party event. I had hoped that more party events might come out of this opportunity, but I guess I just don't know how to market it properly...I can say that it was a fun event and it was great to make so many people feel so happy and empowered by the end of it. I would love to have more opportunities like this!


And finally at the end of all the prompts was the call to Wish on a Blue Moon and the call to Celebrate:

"If you had one wish – guaranteed to be fulfilled by the end of 2013 – what would it be?"

"Find a small way to celebrate all you have summoned and all you have leaned into and all that you manifested over the past ten days"

Okay, here it goes:

My one wish is...
...To be well paid for my creativity, with workshops I create, as well as goods I produce...and when I say to be 'well paid', I mean to be able to earn $42,000 a year OR MORE*, so I can move into a wonderful new home with a wonderful new environment and wonderful new neighbors...

I will celebrate by...
...Completing one of many jewelry projects that remain unfinished, that I can use as a talisman for all I have leaned into and manifested through these journal prompts...and I will be sure to share this project with you when it is FINALLY completed!


I've said it before and I'll say it again:
 Many thanks to Kat and Meredith for hosting this wonderful event that celebrates the magic of a Blue Moon. Stop by their blogs to say hello or join the fun here - these prompts are definitely worth pondering!

And many thanks to YOU, dear blog reader, for reading through these prompts. I hope they spark some reflection of your own that you can wish upon and celebrate!


* - This amount may not seem like much to many of you, but to a single gal who has barely earned more than $30,000 a year on her own, this feels like wonderful abundance to me =-)

No comments: