Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Book Projects I've Completed!

Hello Dear Blog Readers,
I wanted to share some file folder pocket books I've made recently - it does seem that you love to see them when I make them, so I thought it was time to share some of the newer versions I've been playing with that are now completed...

You might remember this file folder book project I shared while in it was in process;

File Folder Pocket Book in process with papers chosen to make the signatures for the book...

A graphically colorful file folder that has been scored and folded to create four sections with pockets

Well, I'm happy to say that this book is now finished! Here are some sneak peeks of how it turned out in the end:

Book spine made with coordinating papers and glued into place alongside some red thread stitching...

Back cover with pocket stitched into place; some washi tape and a coordinating label add to the decoration...

I also completed another file folder pocket book using another graphically colorful folder and I made a journal tag to go with it. Here is a sneak peek for you to see:

Inside front cover of a recently completed file folder pocket book with coordinating journal tag tucked into the pocket

Inside back cover of book with coordinating label on tab stitched with coordinating thread; the signature paper is lined, graph and plain colored paper

Now, I have to confess that to create this particular book I broke my challenge to buy No New Art Supplies - I bought plain aqua colored paper to make up the signature in this book...but I only bought what I needed and I used it immediately!

I know I have a LOT of paper supplies, but I don't have everything and it seemed that this book would look great with the plain paper in a color that coordinated with the graphic design of the folder. Aqua is not a color I use regularly, but it was available at the local Kelly Paper store I finally went to investigate.

The location of the Kelly Paper store has been known to me for MANY years, but I had never gone until a few months ago. I was happy to recollect seeing aqua paper so I could include it in the making of this book. I also bought a sheet of red paper that will be used to make another version of this file folder pocket book...

The stash of graphically colorful file folders I came across, while cleaning and clearing my home, has three different graphic designs and there were three of each design, so working with the repeat of each design will afford me creative opportunities to explore variations on making more books!

Here is the other colorful design I'm working with to create a new file folder pocket book:


And here are a few peeks of this project in process:

Coordinating folder label decorating the inner cover of the file folder pocket book...

Coordinating scrapbook papers and return mail envelopes will make a great book spine!

This book is nearly complete and when it is, it will be listed in my Etsy shop for purchase, where you can find the other two books I completed!

It feels good to complete projects and completing projects means I can begin to play with new projects!

2 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

oh i really love these Monica!!! i think you found your niche with these!!

Karen Wallace said...

Beautiful colors and designs! Hugs Karen