Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This and That...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I am having trouble thinking of what to share with you today, though not for lack of projects I am working on! So I think I will share a little bit of this and a little bit of that with you today...

Good Little Things...
I have been a long time reader of Rachelle Mee-Chapman at Magpie Girl and, lately, I have been receiving many posts on friendship that I have found to be helpful and inspiring. This current project Rachelle is doing is inspiring me to send along my own 'friendship notes' to my close friends and artful/blog buddies...

This hand made card is for my dear Wise Woman, who sent me a truly wonderful testimonial of me and my work and how it has impacted her over the years...

Due to the inspiration of Magpie Girl's friendship project, I am getting inspired to create some new mail art postcards, note cards and envelopes and maybe even returning to this theme for some postcards - "SKIRT":

A series of postcards made around the theme of the 'skirt' - it is a fun theme to play with!

I have been making time to just sit and read for 30, 45 or even 60 minutes in my day and right now I am dividing my time between re-reading favorite children's books or some books I have borrowed from the Little Free Library that is just a few blocks from my home - I really love my Little Free Library!

Where I sit for my reading break - my burgundy cozy chair, with an ottoman for kicking up my feet..

Challenging Little Things...
I am having trouble with one of my sewing machines - sadly, it's the machine that has some decorative stitches on it, which I've been using on a few book projects lately. Luckily, I still have my very old sewing machine, but it only does a straight stitch these days. I am hoping I will be able to raise/earn some funds to get my machine repaired, or it will be awhile before I can continue to make any more fun file folder pocket books...

The book that began to show signs of my machine not functioning properly - this just needs some signatures to be completed and those can be hand sewn...

I am struggling with my cluttered studio/home space and this is a big challenge since I am also working on some new creative workshops that are scheduled to take place in my humble abode starting in September! I fear that I may very well be someone who actually likes clutter for my actively creative brain, but I also fear that a messy home might put off students...what's a creative beast to do about this conflict??

I try and try to clean off this table, but it never seems to last very long...

I am struggling with my need for like-minded people, in terms of entrepreneurship. I would love to have a few new friends with small businesses so I can have someone to bounce ideas off of or to discuss challenges with and it would be nice to know they were local...

What are some little things that are bringing you joy? What are some little challenges burning in the back of your mind? I'd love to hear your good news or your challenging news - it helps remind us we are in all in this together!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i feel your pain about your sewing machine.my pain is my good camera...i broke the lens and have to use my old camera. a new camera is not in my sights until my daughters large dental/ortho bill is paid off!ugh...what are us artists to do?!!! :)