Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Completely Discouraged...

...that is how I am feeling these days, Dear Blog Readers...

...along with tired, frustrated and angry...because my Word of the Year is not working out how I had hoped...

If this little dolly was not being used by a dear friend for her own frustration, she would be getting a lot of shaking from ME!

No one ever said it is an easy thing to be a Creative Beast and of course that is why BEAST is part of my name!

But one would think, after my many efforts, something would gel into a decent money making venture for CREATIVE WORK...(maybe I should have chosen a different Word of the Year*!)

Then I think that maybe I am doing too many things...
Or maybe I am not focusing on the right things...
Or maybe I am not creating good enough things for people to be interested in...

And this leads to me thinking:

Why keep going?
Why bother?
Who cares, except for me?

Yet, if I care, is it enough for me??

And if caring about it is enough for me, this leads me to other questions:

I care enough to continue but should I continue sharing this journey?
Does it matter if I share this journey?
Will anyone learn from my journey?
Does sharing my journey help at least ONE PERSON?

Because if sharing the highs and lows of my creative journey DOES help at least one person, then it is worth it to continue sharing my creative journey...

But sharing my creative journey is more than just sharing the fun, creative projects...

Sharing the hard and frustrating parts is actually MORE IMPORTANT, because it seems that very few people share what goes on 'behind the curtain', and this always feels disingenuous to me.

Perhaps if I look back to remind myself of my personal values:

BOOKS - ART - FRIENDS/COMMUNITY

...then maybe these values might provide a clue for what to do next...


Dear Blog Reader - what do YOU do when you are feeling discouraged about things in your Life? Do you do something creative? Do you go walk in Nature? Do you write about it? I'd love to hear about your coping strategies for the discouraging times in your life and I'm sure other readers would like to hear them too =-)


UPDATE: I have added the tag "#August Moon13" since I've come to realize that this post was inspired by this prompt from the August Moon project hosted by Kat and Meredith...

* - While "work" is the word that came to me, I hoped that "CREATIVE WORK" might be a better way to frame it, in the hopes it would come in an 'effortless' manner...but that has yet to happen!

No comments: