Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Silly Photo and Bracelet Ideas...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
Today I am sharing a silly photograph of me taken at the recent Costume College event from the past weekend...


My dear boyfriend shot this while we were viewing the amazing historical and fantasy costumes on display in the exhibit room, which is open to the public, as well as the vendor room.

I searched for the vendor I bought from last year - a brass colored bracelet chain base that I recently used to complete a vintage button bracelet for myself:

My bracelet in process - I played with several configurations before deciding upon this one

To Buy or Not To Buy...
I know I am in the middle of my Buy No New Art Supplies Challenge, but after seeing the various bracelets I could make if I'd had more bracelet chain bases, I decided to buy just 3 more chains to work with to complete some of these (or other!) designs:




When they are complete, I will list them in my Etsy shop for anyone who would like to own such a lovely bracelet!

If you would like to own one of these bracelets, be sure to stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

Monica...your neck really elongated since last i saw you!!! what gives?!!! :/

love the bracelets...i think it was a good decision to buy more chains!

Kat McNally said...

What cute bracelets! I love them.
I just wanted to thank you, Monica, for your heartfelt comments on my blog post the other day. They really meant a lot.
Like you, I read quite a few blogs but don't necessarily comment often. But I always know that you're there, reading and "getting it" and sharing your wisdom when you can. It really does make all the difference, my friend.
Take care. xxx

Amelia said...

Love that photo of you! It looks like a collage :) Thanks for stopping by the blog and good luck with your bracelet making! x