Thursday, July 11, 2013

Knitting - Completed and Started

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
It's Summertime and things are definitely heating up in my part of the world, in fact, some days it's over 100 degrees...

But it doesn't stop me from knitting!

Wool isn't the only fiber one can knit with - there are wonderful cotton, silk and linen fibers to be had and they often knit up into some pretty lovely items. I thought I'd share some of the knitting projects I've been working on, between the assignments I had to complete for the Make Art That Sells workshop...

I have been knitting a kerchief/shawl from this pattern that is available on Ravelry. This kerchief is made in a merino wool, but it is quite soft, not scratchy at all. The knitting is complete but there is some blocking to be done before I can wear it:

"The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief" knitted in hand-spun yarn bought at the Renaissance Faire...

The yarn is made by Royal Hare and it's a merino wool in the color "Toffee"

I also began this project last week, taken from the Mollie Makes magazine, Issue #24. It's a set of coasters for tea service and it requires cotton yarn:


I have actually knitted up two coasters so far but I only shot this photo after knitting the first one. The other colors I am using are similar to what is shown in the magazine (yellow, turquoise, green) but one coaster will be a bright fuchsia color, instead of red. I can't wait to complete these coasters so I can begin to embroider them...

Embroidery is a craft that I enjoy doing but haven't done for quite some time. Lately, it seems to be calling me as I discovered this charming embroidery designer (thanks to the links in this gorgeous post from Nina Bagley's blog), then I stumbled onto the patterns of this fun and colorful embroidery designer at Etsy, and then I discovered this sweetly whimsical embroidery designer on Craftsy.

Am I wrong to think that embroidery is in my future??!? ;)


IN OTHER NEWS:
I created a Facebook fan page and I have begun to start posting my Projects in Progress (PiPs), as they are happening, on my fan page. You can find my page here and if you like it, you will be able to see my projects unfold, along with other fun creative items I find and share on my page.

I will be selling book goods and vintage goods at the Silverlake Art*Craft*Vintage fair again this Saturday, July 13. You can  get directions to this event on their website - the fair is open from 10am until 4pm. Stop by and say hello!

I have many creative ideas brewing in my head these days, so be sure to stay tuned and see how they develop!

No comments: