Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Inspiration Card Deck I Received!

Hello Dear blog Readers!
I finally got my Inspirational Card Deck in the mail, made up from all the many participants in Jessica Brogan's fun and fabulous swap!


I just HAD to share some of my favorite cards from this deck with you! Not all the cards had artist info on them, but I will include the blogs/websites of the cards that did:

Card made by Red Dancer Studio

Artist Unknown - love the quote and colors of this card though!

Check out this amazing card:

When I first saw it, I was scratching my head, until I removed the rubber band and discovered...


This card is really a jointed paper doll!! I was AMAZED!! And of course, I love the quote =-)

Artist Unknown - I would LOVE to thank the artist of this amazing card!


Card by Nichole Rae Design - I do love typography =-)


Another fun 'interactive' card with a special note you pull out from the pocket...

Card by Cat at 365Being

I wish I had thought of that!! Maybe I will try it in the next swap...

Card made by Dawn Gold in England - no website/blog

Pink, red and buttons - LOVE!


Card made by Diana D Darden - love the quote!


Are these cards FABULOUS or what??!?! I am so happy to have received so many wonderful little pieces of art in my mail box...

Remember there are 52 cards in the deck, so there are a LOT of amazing, creative and inspiring cards in this deck that I received!! I wish I could share them all with you here, but that would take quite a few blog posts ;)

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out where to store this lovely little collection of art. I may use this old cigar box I've been trying to find a use for...


The lid never really closed all the way, but I began to fiddle with the hinges the other night, and I may just collage the box and hinge the lid with some ribbon scraps instead...


I'll be to sure to share how it comes out when I get around to decorating this cigar box, whenever that happens...

In Other News
I mentioned in my last blog post that I have a meeting to discuss teaching my workshops at a venue close to home. Well, today is the day I meet with a manager for extension classes at a local community college to discuss the possibility of teaching my creative workshops. This college is VERY close to my home, within walking distance, and it would be a GREAT opportunity for creative work. I would be able to reach a larger audience for my workshops which would be fantastic! I've been working on a few extra samples to pitch to the manager when I meet with him. I'll be sure to update you all on the outcome of this meeting in my next blog post next week - wish me luck!

I added some fun little art books to my Etsy shop this week. It is a series of books using wax resist, stencils and pale watercolor washes for the book covers:


They are sweet and fun little pocket books to use on the go! You can find them in the Book Arts section of my shop =-)

I will reach 500 blog posts in the next 2 posts!! I think a giveaway is in order, though I'm not sure what it would be...maybe some extra art supplies I have decided I won't be using..? 

Whatever the giveaway will be, you won't want to miss it, so be sure to stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Gill said...

Some fantastic cards June!!
I'd love to see more!

Kathryn Hansen said...

great cards..love the Charlie Chaplin one!!