Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Artful Journey Journal!

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
It's a busy week but I wanted to take a minute to share a wonderful gift I received at the Artful Journey retreat - a wonderful new journal*!!

Everyone received a beautiful mixed media journal when arriving at the retreat. These lovely journals were made by Cindy and by D.J. Pettitt, though Cindy would tell you that D.J. did most of the work!

My new art journal - I was born on a Wednesday and I have thing for 'trios' in vintage photos...

I had considered making a little journal to take with me for this years retreat, but Cindy put out the word that journals were being made for everyone!

Cindy also mentioned there would also be an evening of art journaling fun for anyone who wanted to participate. Needless to say, many of us did! I got to know some of my fellow workshop mates during this play time, like Glenda at Pilgrims Thoughts.

I meant to create some more papers that night, but once I got into the swing of art journaling, it was all over!

But can you blame me with a such a lovely journal as this??

The back of my lovely new journal - I love butterflies for their transformational quality...

I will share some of the artful journaling I've created in this journal soon, along with final images of the amazing work created by my fellow artists at the retreat, so be sure to stay tuned!

IN OTHER NEWS:
I am preparing to teach one of my workshops at my favorite bookstore: The $5 (or less!) Bookstore in Simi Valley this Sunday! If you are in the area, come check it out! You can find more details on my Upcoming Events page.

Thanks for reading and stay creative!


* - My "Buy No New Art Supplies" Challenge does include not buying any new blank books, but I am free to receive gifts of blank books or art journals! ;)

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Glad you got to go for those classes. How fun. It is my dream to do that someday, but living overseas makes it harder. Maybe sometime when we are stateside for a while. Your journal is lovely. I'm prepping a new altered book. It will be my journal.
Cheers and blessings,
Coleen in Ukraine

Kathryn Hansen said...

ohhhh man, that's a great journal!! I have been following DJ Pettitt for awhile now...I am a huge admirer of her art and photography!!