Wednesday, March 6, 2013

An Amazing and Artful Journey...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I am back in town from my time spent in beautiful Santa Cruz for the Artful Journey Retreat and I have so much to share with you all, I don't know where to begin! But I will share a few quick highlights to pique your curiosity...

Orly Avineri took me aside just before workshops began on Day 1 to thank me for all of my support, from shout outs and links on my blog to sharing with other participants what a great instructor she is. It was a wonderful way to start off my first day of workshops!

I then asked Orly to take a picture of me in my work gear. She was quite surprised by my look because she is used to seeing me wear skirts in her workshop (I'm a girly girl at heart!), but I knew that I might get pretty messy so messy gear was in order. Here is a picture of me in JEANS shot by Orly:

Can you see how excited I am to start making paper and books?!? The retreat coordinator, Cindy, is on the left...

I thought I'd get a photo of my colorful sneakers too, in case they got smeared with colorful paint:


Don't worry - my shoes survived the workshop without a drop of paint falling onto them! But when you see more shots of my paper painting process, you will be astounded that my sneakers managed to survive at all:

I was DEFINITELY playing with paint and color in a BIG way!

I'll be sharing the process of how I made many of my papers, but here is a peek at one of the "showcase" books I made for the big "Show & Tell" on the last night of workshops:

"Specimens"- multi-pamphlet book of various papers in various sizes - this book is not part of the raffle!

...and here is a peek at some of the books that one lucky winner will get to choose from the raffle I'm hosting:

"Bronze Age" book series - simple pamphlet books, two sewn as one book and small folding book

Of course, this journey wouldn't be the same without a trip to see the darling baby chicks that are always being sold at the local hardware store:


I also encountered deer in the parking lot at the Presentation Center, where the retreat is held! I saw the deer upon my return from my visit into town. I tried to get as close as I could to shoot a few photos and to shoot some video. I don't know yet how the video has turned out, but here is a photo that turned out pretty good:

You might get a better view if you click on the photo...

Seeing the deer at the end of my journey to the retreat felt like a good omen and it was magical to watch them...

There is a WHOLE lot more I have to share with you all so be sure to stay tuned!

Remember: There is a raffle to win one of the books I created at the retreat. you can learn about the details in this blog post - there are just a few more days to buy your raffle tickets so hurry!

2 comments:

SueAnn Lommler said...

Oh they are all so colorful....beautiful and you look fantastic.
Glad you enjoyed yourself
Hugs
SueAnn

The Creative Beast said...

Thanks SueAnn! I had a blast indeed!