Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Peek at My Creative Workshop!

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I just wanted to share a few peeks from the creative workshop I conducted on Sunday...

 The "I Am" A French Fold Book - my third creative workshop...

The creative workshop I hosted on Sunday was called "I Am" A French Fold book, which is a 3-dimensional book form. I thought it would be fun to use collage to create the backdrop for what becomes an 8-page, 3-dimensional book that is a standing book. "I Am" is from the self-discovery exercises that were used to glean some personal values from sharing stories...

A collage coming together...Book #1 can be seen in the series below

I had 4 students, with two being a husband and wife team. It was great to see this couple creating their books and sharing their stories to find the values that are important to them...

Putting scraps of paper together to create a rich collage background... This is Book #2

One of the students was my own dear boyfriend! He invited one of his friends, who I have met, and she was very excited to be part of the creativity, since it's not something she does often. Here is a peek at how her collage began to take shape...

This collage became Book #3

Everyone enjoyed making their collages, but they REALLY loved how the page folded into the books! Here is how 3 of the books came together:

Book #1 - is folded

Pages from Book #2

Book #3 is folded and ready to be written in...

And everyone loved writing on the colorful, textured pages to list the values that they embody, which they could now take home and keep!

My boyfriends book is on the left - I love how he added an extra folding page!

I really enjoyed teaching this workshop and I plan to teach again this Sunday at one of my favorite places: The $5 (or less!) Bookstore located in Simi Valley.

Mini Collage Art Books - a LOT of creativity is packed into these little books!

The workshop will be the Mini Art Book, which I taught to my Wise Woman last month. It is a fun workshop and I look forward to teaching this workshop in one of my favorite places - a bookstore! And it is a FAVORITE book store, where I have found wonderful craft books and beautiful vintage books, so there are LOTS of reasons to come out to The $5 (or less!) Bookstore on Sunday March 24th. You will find more details on my Upcoming Events page...

I'll be sharing some videos I shot while at the Artful Journey Retreat later this week, so be sure to stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

that is such a cool shaped book...it's awesome to see how everyones turned out!

Coleen said...

Very cool little books.

Coleen

BTW, you'll get more comments if you remove the word verification thingy. I did it years ago and no problems.