Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Projects in Process - Valentine's Edition...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I wanted to share some peeks at a few projects I thought I'd make for Valentines' Day...I'm not usually one to make holiday themed goods, but I began to be inspired by some ideas that came my way.

I shared a holiday booklet that I had made in December, which eventually turned into a series of booklets that were sent as gifts to friends...

Holiday themed booklet - more details on making this booklet can be found in this blog post

As I continue with the cleaning and clearing in my home, I discovered a batch of scrapbook papers that would be great to use for valentine themed booklets, so I started creating a small batch using rubber stamps I have in my collection...

The pink batch of 'love' booklets I've started...there is a red batch too!

I then remembered being in possession of some very heavy card stock I bought many years ago that I've been slowly using - I think I am ready to use up the last of it now by making a special edition series of 'love poem' booklets...

Heart stickers from my collection of stickers will now have their day in the sun!

I also discovered some valentine theme stickers I bought a few years ago, but haven't yet used. I may add some of them to the covers of these 'special edition' booklets I am in process of creating. I went to see this exhibit last Friday and got even more inspired to create my little 'love poem' booklets!

Then I found an old 'mail art' postcard I created back in the 90's, before I even knew of such a thing as 'mail art'...

Early mail art postcard made by yours truly!

Back in the day, I had made a small batch of handmade valentine postcards many years ago, but kept one for 'archival' purposes, little knowing I was 1) creating mail art and 2) have a reason to keep an archive of my work! It's fun to see how far back my love for craft paper/craft card stock really goes...not to mention my love for a square shaped card!

Detail shot of my hand drawing...

I just love the square shape in cards or postcards, but due to the size it's always more postage than the regular card size, but it is such a fun shape to work with I can't stop myself!! But I thought I'd make a few regular size postcards this time around, so I've got them cut and ready to embellish...

Regular postcards and square cards in 5" or 6" size, cut and ready for embellishing, then mailing!

I am hoping to participate in the Silverlake Art*Craft*Vintage fair on Saturday, so I want to have these items ready to sell by then...I hope I can get them all done in time! 

In the meantime, I have another creative workshop planned for February and it's a fun book binding workshop. Check out my events page for details and email me if you want to join the fun!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

Of all the holidays, Valentines is the only one I make homemade cards for...just for my girls tho! Something about this holiday that always inspires homemade creations!! Your cards are great, I'm sure they will sell out in a snap!!