Monday, February 18, 2013

My First Creative Workshop Takes Place!

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I'm excited to report that I held my first creative workshop from my home yesterday with one student - my dear wise woman Janet!

Folding the artful pages that would make up the completed book

For awhile there it was looking like there would be no workshop at all, but I got a message from Janet asking if the workshop was taking place so of course I said YES!!

I was happy to have even one student for my workshop, and even happier since it would be a dear friend coming out to play...

Adding elements of collage to the painted cover of her art book: bits of paper and washi tape

Janet is highly creative in many, many ways, but she is not someone who creates with her hands. She has been wanting to explore being artful and she remembered that I was hosting a creative workshop, which she knew would be a great opportunity for her to make something fun.

Janet really enjoyed learning how to use wax crayons and watercolor crayons to make a wax resist and was fascinated that the watercolors didn't affect the wax crayon design she created. She was also excited to learn how to use an awl for hole punching:

Carefully punching the holes to stitch the pages into the cover of the book...

And she was very pleased with what she created!

Front cover

Back cover

Then we celebrated creativity with some tea, cheese and crackers and deviled eggs! All in all, it was a great event and I am so happy that I finally got to conduct a workshop from my home. I can't wait to see what next month's workshop will bring!

I will announce the next workshop before the end of this month so be sure to stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

hey...it's a start!! yay for you!! looks like it was a fun time!!