Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm Hosting a Raffle!

Hello Dear Blog Readers,
Today I'm excited to announce a little fundraiser I'm hosting!

I am attending the Artful Journey Retreat at the end of this month and I am very excited about attending and coming away with some new skills in book binding and paper making. However, I have realized that I am in need of some funds to make the actual drive to Santa Cruz!

I was recently visiting the blog of Cynthia Morris, who writes at Original Impulse and was inspired by her idea to generate funds for her trip to Paris by offering to sell paintings she would be making during the course of her trip.

Then I read this inspiring story of Pia Jane Bijkerk funding her self published book project that succeeded in gaining the funds she needs to move forward with her book! (Thanks to Kat for blogging about it..twice!)

Reading about these creatively inspired ideas helped me realize that I could find a way to ask YOU for help in getting the last leg of my trip funded by creating a fund raiser of my own and my idea is to host a Creative Beast Raffle!

The raffle prize will be a book that I make at the retreat in the workshop held by Albie Smith...if you look at the books represented at the Artful Journey website or at Albie's blog, you will see that any book I produce in the workshop will be AWESOME! In the meantime, here are some shots from the retreat of 2011 to further pique your interest:



All work created by Albie's students from the 2011 Artful Journey Retreat...but I'll be making books and paper just as GORGEOUS!

And here is a shot of paper made by one of the students - so colorful and so juicy:

I can't wait to make my own richly colored papers!

Are you getting excited about winning one of my Artful Journey books yet???!? I sure am getting excited about making one!

If you want a chance to win one of my Artful Journey books, all you need to do is get a raffle ticket...

You may be asking:

"How can I get a raffle ticket, Creative Beast!?!?"

You make a purchase of one my handmade books from my Etsy shop!

Here is how it will work:

Purchase one of the small books and you receive one raffle ticket:

This is a great overview of the small books that qualify for one raffle ticket: mini books, small stab-stitch books and recycled postcard books

Purchase one of the large stab stitch books and you receive two raffle tickets:

Large stab stitch books with some of the small stab stitch books...

These books will be listed as soon as they are stitched together!

Purchase one of the Collage cover notebooks or one of my new Altered composition journals and you receive three raffle tickets:

Collage cover spiral bound notebook...

Altered composition books are now listed in my Etsy shop with more to come...

Each raffle ticket will have a hand colored design by yours truly that will also make a fabulous book marker!

The blank raffle tickets are in process of being decorated - but no peeking yet!


Just think: your purchase will get you one of my handmade books and a colorful raffle ticket that can be used as a book-marker, so that's two great items, plus the chance to win a gorgeous one-of-a-kind hand-bound book that will make a wonderful gift for yourself or someone you love!

This raffle begins starting today and all purchases to qualify for the raffle end on Friday March 8. The winner will be announced on Friday March 29.

Colorful Mini books will be listed in the shop soon...

Book purchases made by February 26 will be mailed out on February 27. Book purchases made after the 26th will be mailed after my return from the retreat, which is March 4.

I am announcing the raffle winner late in the month so I can share all that I have learned and all that I have created at the retreat with you!

I am very excited about being back at Artful Journey, especially after the retreat was cancelled last year. I am really looking forward to learning more about book binding and learning about paper making so I can begin to offer truly creative and original hand bound books and journals in my Etsy shop for you to enjoy!

Please feel free to share this news with your friends! I can't wait to make the beautiful book that will be given to a fellow book lover =-)

There will be a few more blog posts before the retreat so stay tuned!

 

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

wonderful idea Monica!! I'll purchase mine next week after payday!!! :-)