Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hit The Road, Jack...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I'm busy prepping and packing for my trip to the Artful Journey Retreat which, sadly, has kept me from doing any blogging this week...

Packing my supplies and some decorative papers to use making some new books...

 Packing my work clothes that I can get colorfully messy in!

Some nicer clothes for the evening events...

The weather can get a little wet in Santa Cruz so I'm packing some cheerful rain boots, too...

I'm also packing my newly completed gratitude journal that I created, keeping with my personal challenge to use what I have and buy no new supplies (or blank books!)...making this journal has ended my dilemma on whether to make or buy a journal, at least until this one is filled up!

I'll share more about the making of this journal while I'm out of town...

I've been learning a new stab stitch technique that you can see in my new gratitude journal. I'll be sharing how I learned this technique on my own with tomorrow's blog post. Here is a peek at the sample I used to learn the new stitch:


I hope to use this new stitch while making new books at the Artful Journey Retreat during the weekend. I am SO excited to be learning new things and I can't wait to share it all with you when I return from my trip!

FYI: I am still hosting a raffle to win one of the books I'll be creating at the retreat - check out this post to learn about the details...

There will be a few posts about the new books and stab stitch technique in the upcoming days so be sure to stay tuned for those!

Thanks for reading and enjoy a creative weekend!

2 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Love your 'arty' gear including the boots (very bootiful, sorry about the pun).

Have a great trip Monica and I think you could add a little science to balance things - let's see, how about those boots! If you know the size you can work out your age. "How on Earth can yer do that, Eddie".

Try this:
Take your shoe size. (only whole sizes)
Multiply it by 5.
Add 50.
Multiply by 20.
Add 1012.
Subtract the year you were born.

The last two digits are YOUR AGE and the fist one(s) are your show size. Hope I got that right!
Hugs ~ Eddie

SueAnn Lommler said...

Have fun....can't wait to see what you create
Hugs
SueAnn