Friday, January 18, 2013

What's Happening (Or Not!) This Weekend...

Hello Dear Blog Readers,
This will be an interesting weekend, if all goes well...

As you know, I have scheduled a workshop to take place from my home but I have yet to receive any sign-ups for this workshop. However, I will be a vendor at another event the day before, so I might just get a few people to sign up for it - I'm keeping the faith!

The vendor event I'll be attending is a Girl Scout Cookie Kick-Off event in Downey. I was invited to participate in this event from the girl scout troop leader that requested my first book binding workshop. I was very excited to get the invite and I look forward to sharing my love of book binding with more troops!


I will have my own table for this event, which will be great! I'm going to print pictures taken from the original workshop to create a poster or a 'book' that can promote my book binding workshop so other troops can earn their book binding badge...and I can get more CREATIVE WORK!

I began another series of small booklets using stencils and watercolor. I will have these available to sell at the Cookie Kick-Off event - here is the progress of these booklets so far...

Stencil is laid down with crayons for a simple 'wax resist' technique...

Then water color is added and the stenciled design remains with a wash of color to emphasize the design...

Before watercolor...

...after watercolor...

I also have been making more small stab stitch books during the holidays that will be available at the event:

Small stab stitch books that can be stashed in a pocket or purse - I love portable books*!

I've still got a lot to do before Saturdays event, so I better hop to it! You can find out the details of the Saturday vendor event on my Upcoming Events page. Stop by if you're in the area and say hello or buy some Girl Scout cookies!


* - Regarding my dilemma to buy/not buy a new gratitude journal: I may take SueAnn's suggestion to improvise a new gratitude journal using the stab stitch method - it would certainly help me use up my supplies and it would also be a nice portable book - I'll keep you posted but you can weigh in on this dilemma and let me know your thoughts at this blog post!

2 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

love your stab stitch journals!! Good luck on Saturday!!

Karen Wallace said...

The journals look beautiful. Hugs Karen