Monday, January 14, 2013

Making An 'Accomplishment Jar'...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!
I wanted to share a small project I am just starting to create: an "Accomplishment Jar"...

I found this idea on the Facebook page of a dear blog buddy, Tinniegirl. It was actually listed as "a gratitude jar filled with memories", but I already keep a gratitude journal, which I began last June. I did, however, like the idea of keeping memories to look back upon at the end of 2013 and I thought why not keep memories of things I accomplish, as I move toward CREATIVE WORK for 2013?

My "Accomplishment Jar", so far...

So I found a jar I could use, among the many, MANY jars I've collected for storage. Then, as I was going through my rubber stamps, to see what I could cull (then giveaway in accordance with my year-long challenge!), I found a rubber stamp that I don't use very often but really wanted to keep and I realized that using it for the purpose of writing down my accomplishments would allow me to keep this pretty stamp...

Using a rubber stamp to make 'accomplishment tags' for my jar...

I decided that the stamped side will have the date of the accomplishment, and I'll fill in details of the accomplishment on the back of the tag. I'm still thinking about how I want to decorate my jar, but I'll share the images of the jar later after I've decorated it.

I am excited about this idea and I got more excited when I realized that I already have some accomplishments to write down:

  • I managed to get contact information for two program coordinators at the Burbank Library who I could talk to about conducting my book binding workshops
  • I already spoke with one of them for an introductory chat and she was excited about my ideas - I hope to have a formal meeting with both coordinators soon
  • I received an invite to participate in a Girl Scout Cookie Kick Off event to promote my book goods AND promote my workshop to other Girl Scout troops
  • I've been putting out the word for my first creative workshop in my home!

These are small steps I'm taking to get to where I hope to be in my life, but I am excited that they are happening and I love the idea of keeping track of these baby steps in my jar so I can look back in December 2013 and see how many baby steps I've taken and see how much I actually accomplish...


Why not create a jar for all your accomplishments in 2013?!

Many thanks to Tinniegirl for sharing this wonderful idea on her Facebook page!

4 comments:

humel said...

Oh, good for you! You have so many great ideas - or act on those of other people that inspire you :) Can't wait to see that jar of yours full to overflowing with lots of wide-ranging achievements! I'm betting you'll need to start a second jar before the year is up x

Kathryn Hansen said...

congrats...a great idea...i think we tend to always move on to the next thing, never stopping to see what we've achieved and give ourselves the credit we deserve!!

Coleen said...

Glad to see you do a gratitude journal. Me too. I lead a class in that.
I was in Irvine last month. Still a ways from your area, but enjoyed the sunny California weather. I know, not so great right now. My sisters told me.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Quite an accomplishment!
You are so productive - you put me to shame with your creativity, Monica. All I seem to be able to talk about are dinosaurs and parrots these days LOL

Gosh I see I have to be a robot again to get through word verification - where is my Enigma machine to crack the code?