Saturday, December 1, 2012

Starting December with #reverb12

Hello Dear Blog Readers!

You may have noticed a blog badge for Reverb12 in the sidebar. It's being hosted by my blog buddy Kat of I Saw You Dancing and I thought I'd attempt to follow along, especially when she suggested that I could simply ponder each day's prompt without writing about it on my blog. However, since Kat is in a different time-zone that is a whole day ahead of me, I thought I'd muse on this first prompt:

"How are you starting?"

Kat writes:

How are you starting this last month of 2012?
Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and ask yourself the question: how do you feel...
... in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your creative life? in your heart?

I can tell you that right now, I am not starting this last month of December on a good note...


Overall, I have to say, that I feel frazzled and frustrated. I felt it keenly yesterday as I was attempting to make up some new gift goods to sell at a boutique happening today. I was stiff in my body, stressed in my mind and frustrated in my creative life, which made me feel low in spirits by the evening.

Luckily, my dear boyfriend took me out for dinner and that made my heart glad =-)

My dear boyfriend* found this site and turned us into South Park characters - FUN!

I want to start this month relaxed and calm. I want to start this month with ample time to reflect on this year and all that has passed, to review the challenges and the triumphs, to release that which no longer serves me, to close out 2012 so I can begin planning how I want to approach 2013, to find my Word Of The Year that I can use as a talisman to guide me...

This first day of December will be a hectic one, but tomorrow is Sunday, a day of rest and relaxation, a day to spend in the company of my dear boyfriend, enjoying each others company regardless of wherever we go or whatever we do.

Today may not be the ideal start to this month, but tomorrow is my chance to "begin again" and to begin in a way that makes me happy in my heart: with my dear boyfriend! =-)

* - Don't let him know I told you this, but his hair does look like that, usually in the mornings!! ;)

2 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I hope that December brings lots of wonderful things Monica, including all that you wish for.

Laura said...

Monica, I love that you are optimistic and purposeful about December! Wishing you lots of love and happiness.