Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some Projects in Process...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!

It does seem as if I have been doing a lot of work around this blog lately, from participating in boutique and vendor events to reflecting and thinking about the past year, as I prepare to move forward into the year ahead, but I have made time this week for some creative play with a few fun projects, that I think you might like to peek at...

I have been very behind on creating a giveaway item for a giveaway winner during Blogtoberfest but, luckily for me, the recipient has been very patient! I have made a lot of progress on her giveaway item this week, a special made-to-order party hat...

mixed media art
The base of the hat covered in off-white papers, which include a page from an old French paperback book

collage art
Can you see the French word for "abundance" in this shot? I hope to incorporate it in the final design...

I found this quote that relates to "inspirational", the word chosen by the winner of this party hat

The hat in process, surrounded by various elements that may or may not be used in the final design =-)

I have been gathering the elements for this party hat project for some time and now that I have begun to work on it, it has been great fun to watch it evolve and take shape. I would share more pictures of this project but I don't want the recipient of this party hat to see it all before it arrives on her doorstep!

Since I love books (and book-making!) so much, I had to make some special holiday booklets, similar to booklets I've been making recently, but these booklets had a holiday theme...

handmade books

Instead of doing full collage covers, I thought I'd use a few simple rubber stamp images and some rubber stamps were used for the back covers also...

rubber stamp art

These booklets were inspired by holiday paper napkins and tissue papers I had in my gift wrapping supplies - I thought they would make wonderful pages for the booklets...


I have two booklets so far and one more is in process, but with a different cover. I may share that booklet later when it is complete, so you will see how it all looks when bound together...

book binding

There are a few other projects I've been working on, but I'll share those Projects in Process when I've had a chance to photograph them, so be sure to stay tuned!

1 comment:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Glad you are still a busy Creative Beast.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and New Year, Monica ~ Eddie

I hope the cybermen let this through all the hieroglyphics without me having to find the Inigma Machine code breaker LOL