Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Photo Share #25 - A Shabby, Haunting Piano...

Hello Dear Blog Readers! There are two days until Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead), one day left until Halloween, and one last day of Blogtoberfest left to go...in the spirit of "hauntings" (Halloween) and death (Day of the Dead), I thought I'd share this image I photographed back in my old work neighborhood:


I had been out for a walk when I discovered this old, crumbling, shabby and abandoned piano sitting on the sidewalk. I was struck by the look of it, not to mention the fact that it was sitting in the outdoors, left alone. At the time, I had not brought my camera with me and it was a week or two later that I went walking on the same block to locate this old piano - it was still out there on the sidewalk, no one had taken it away. I really loved the faded patina of this piano, and the exposed keyboard and workings, much of it brass metal. The colors and textures really captured my imagination and I took other close up shots, that I might share with you...another day...

When I look at this crumbling old piano, I can almost imagine the ghost of Jelly Roll Morton playing some sprightly ragtime jazz on it...and I do love me some JAZZ! ;)


2 comments:

humel said...

I *love* the piano - and I love the way you've framed this shot :)

Kathryn Hansen said...

what a cool old piano!!