Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Photo Share #20 - Craft Project in Two Shots...

I've been wanting to make my own little cake stands as I began seeing them on other blogs and the occasional Etsy shop. I already had a sweet pink plate, found at a favorite thrift shop, for some time and thought it would make a sweet cake/cupcake stand...


When I found the cut glass plate and pink candle holder, I knew it would also make a sweet cupcake stand. With a little glue, some heavy books for weighing, and some time for the glue to seal, I made two little cupcake stands in a single morning:


Voila! They are adorning my creative space for now, but I just might use them as display items for an upcoming holiday boutique...more about that coming soon, so stay tuned!

SOME EXCITING NEWS - Today I have a guest post over at "I Saw You Dancing" written by my blog buddy Kat. I was so thrilled to be asked to write a guest post, and it's my first one ever! Please stop by her blog to check it out - I think you'll enjoy it! 

3 comments:

humel said...

Aww, these are so cute! Beautifully done :) And I've been waiting for your guest post to appear, yay!! Heading straight on over!

Gill said...

Fabulous! I love your pink cake stands!

Karen Wallace said...

Beautiful! Love this idea.