Monday, October 22, 2012

Photo Share #18 - "Bubbles The Elephant"

Hello Dear Blog Readers! I hope you'll enjoy this week's photo sharing since it will be a mix of Flowers and Crafting, which are two of my favorite things =-)

Let's start with a fun craft project I made a few years back but didn't share on the blog. He is a sweet stuffed elephant I made for my old workplace as a way to boost morale - I named him "Bubbles" due to the small bubbles in the pattern of the fabric:


The pattern came from the book "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" but the reason for making it came from a website I discovered that was created by a fellow named Alexander Kjerulf who considers himself to be the Chief Happiness Officer. His mission in life is to make all workplaces happy ones and this elephant idea is one of many to boost employee morale...

I had a lot of fun sewing up this little fellow and he was well received by the staff in my department. I began to make another little elephant for myself that will be my own little "Ganesha" since the fabrics I am using have an Indian feel to them, but work on my little 'Ganesha' came to halt and I have yet to finish him...but now that I have mentioned him here, perhaps he will be completed sooner than later so he can make his own special appearance here on the blog =-)

3 comments:

humel said...

Aww, what a cutie :) Can't wait to meet Ganesha!

Kathryn Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn Hansen said...

Monica...you are such a gifted seamstress!! Your elephant is adorable...can hardly wait to see your unique version of it!!