Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Endings...and Beginnings! More Collage Cover Notebooks...

I wasn't sure what to post for my last image for the last day of Blogtoberfest. Endings can feel final, but it's not really an ending since many of us will be back for Blogtoberfest again next year.

Besides, I'll have a lot of projects and news to share with you all as the days, weeks and months pass by before the next round of Blogtoberfest comes along.

So what better way to end Blogtoberfest 2012 than to share the finished images of the notebook I blogged about a few days ago and share the beginnings of a new collage notebook?!?


The quote on this notebook reads:

"The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd...The woman who walks alone will find herself in places no one has ever been before"

I really like that quote - I don't know who said it, but I have found it to be true in my life!

Many of the collage cover notebooks I make have a little design element on the back cover that reflects the design on the front cover and this notebook is no exception:


Now for a sneak peek at another collage cover notebook, one that will be available for sale at the upcoming Artisan Bazaar coming up this Sunday:


I thought I'd play with using some molding paste and stencils to create some 3-dimensional covers. I love how this stencil turned out - the raised surface is really cool:


I am getting excited about this upcoming Artisan Bazaar and I hope to make a few sales. I'll try to post before the weekend to keep you updated about my collage notebook progress and of course, I'll share lessons learned from the experience afterward. There is always something to be learned from each opportunity!

***   ***   ***

Thank you to Kat of I Saw You Dancing for hosting Blogtoberfest 2012 - she did a GREAT job of hosting and posting some wonderful thoughtful posts, as she usually does =-)

Thank you to the many Blogtoberfest bloggers for stopping by my little blog and seeing what I do here in this part of the world - I hope you come back to visit again soon!

3 comments:

humel said...

Ooh, I love that quotation! :) Gorgeous notebook, too - and I love the effect of the paste giving the texture on the second book, can't wait to see how it turns out xx

planettreasures said...

Lovely notebook and it's a great quote - me exactly!
Hasn't blogtoberfest been a blast - love it!

Kathryn Hansen said...

i love that effect with the molding paste...very cool!!