Monday, July 30, 2012

30 Things on the 30th to Celebrate 3 Years...

Hello dear Blog Readers! Many thanks to my blog buddies for leaving such wonderful and encouraging comments regarding my last blog post and many thanks to my dear friends for e-mailing, calling or visiting me and providing support. It is really wonderful to know such great people who are so supportive =-)

I've been in the doldrums lately but yesterday was an important anniversary, or should I say BLOG-iversary...I was not as prepared for this special event as I hoped to be but here is my offering to "celebrate", as it were...

30 Things on the 30th of July Regarding My 3 Years of Blogging

1) This is my third year of blogging
2) I love the number 3 since "3 is the magic number"...
3) Here's a video about that...
4) My first Blog-iversary went like THIS
5) My second Blog-iversary went like THIS
6) Lately I have not been in a great place after this happened 
7) So I have not been in a festive mood to celebrate three years of blogging
8) YET...some interesting things have been taking place despite my being in the doldrums
9) Then I began to look at what has transpired since last years blog-iversary...
10) I began to feel much better - let me share the good, the bad and the things in-between:
11) I participated in a holiday boutique to sell my grandmothers vintage goods and learned a lot about how to approach this event if I participate again this year
12) I've seen first-hand how NOT to conduct business as an artist 
13) I learned about some of the blocks regarding my sense of worthiness
14) I've learned the things that are most important to me are BOOKS, ART and FRIENDS 
15) I now keep these things in mind so I now bring more of them into my life to cultivate more JOY
16) I've begun selling my grandmothers vintage goods at local flea markets as well as continue selling them online (You know, I made nearly $800 from those online sales for last year - not bad considering I do virtually no marketing for this shop!)
17) I've learned about the blocks I have regarding my cluttered home and finally moved out a tired worn piece of furniture which made space in my home
18) I've put together a fun creative sewing project with my Fabric Scrap Book
19) I pitched my workshop idea and set up a date and time for the first workshop
20) No one signed up for my workshop but I learned a LOT from the experience
21) I realized that I've started putting myself out into the world of teaching, or as I like to call it, "Sharing What I Love"
22) I've found some possible venues for teaching my workshop that seem more in alignment with me and my creative style and I will be contacting them soon...
23) I received an email out of the blue from someone who requested that I teach some young girls the basics of bookbinding, book arts and artist techniques
24) I put together some ideas for a lecture, examples, a demo and the opportunity for the girls to make one or two small hand bound books  
25) I SUBMITTED MY PROPOSAL and waited with baited breath to find out if I would be conducting this newly formed workshop
26) I got anxious waiting for a response and used the energy to clean out a corner of my creative space!
27) Three days later I got the response that I WILL be conducting this workshop! (3 really IS a magic number!)
28) I got a request to sell some of my creative goods at a local in-home event and I think I will do it
29) I've been having a REALLY hard time putting this blog post together because BLOGGER insists on acting like "SHITE" but I'm still persisting in making this blog post work =-)
30) I've learned...that I have had quite a lot of learning lessons this year!! All of it fruitful, if occasionally difficult...and those difficulties have been taking center stage these past weeks which means I do not have anything in place to conduct a proper giveaway to celebrate 3 years of blogging...
***   ***   ***
However, my next post will be my 390th blog post. It's not quite 400 but it's getting there! I will put together some pictures of goodies I want to giveaway and I will post them in my 390th blog post for a  belated celebration of 3 years of blogging. Does that sound like a plan??
***  
Many thanks to each and everyone of you who continue to stop by my blog and continue to read about my learning experiences as I continue on my path to be a self sustaining self employed Artist. I do hope you are learning as much I have and I hope you are continuing to create as I do! 

4 comments:

Karen Wallace said...

Great to be back in the blogging world and to read your blog. Wow, you have really explored and learned from your three years. Hugs Karen

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Happy blogiversary Monica. You're so good at looking for the positive or learning opportunites. Good for you.

Here's to many more years of blogging hey?

Eddie Bluelights said...

Gosh Monica, what an impressive list. I will have to call back and scrutinize. We seem to have been blogging for about the same time.
AS Arno says, "I WILL BE BACK" LOL
Hugs ~ Eddie

PS Now to convince the android to let me comment again. Wish me luck

Kathryn Hansen said...

Happy 3 years of blogging!!

I really think this has been a very hard year for many, many people! The energy is low...so embrace those successes and congratulate yourself! It hasn't been easy! I too have had some hard knocks and wanted to quit...but I'm still here!!

I'm going to bring back the saying...keep on trucking...cuz everyone needs cheering on!!