Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More Changes in My Home...

Hello Dear Blog Readers!

It has occurred to me that I forgot to thank you for your wonderful comments on my post about the changes taking place in my humble abode, so THANK YOU! Many of you sent wonderful messages and left very encouraging comments on that post and I'm so glad that some of you have found some inspiration to make changes in your own homes =-)

I've made a few more little changes in my home that I wanted to share with you...

I cleared out a lovely side table in the the hopes of selling it at the Glendale Community College Flea Market last Sunday but it was too big to take along on this selling trip. Here is how it looked against the wall the last time I posted a picture:

The lovely carved wood side table is on the left, but I am ready for something new in this room...

Cleaning out the side table in the hopes of selling it meant I could move a different piece of furniture I have to that part of my living room and this is how the room looks at this time (And yes, it will continue to change in the months to come!):


I was able to move a lovely vintage table between the two comfy chairs and place the mirror onto that small table. I could then move one of my floor lamps to be right over my preferred chair for reading or knitting in the evenings. I placed a fun wooden tool box on the floor that is currently holding some art books just under the small table:


I have been quite excited and energetic about the cleaning and clearing taking place and I'm looking forward to tackling a different part of my living space...

A very big window in my living space allows lots of light into the room and I love that =-)

I have a large window in my living space and this area was far more cluttered than this picture shows now. I had my two chairs in this space when I still had the love seat and the small table was between the chairs with the floor lamp over it all. However, it often felt like a tight fit. I have some new plans for this part of my humble abode and if all goes well, the changes might take place before the week is over!

Many things have been happening lately, such as selling my vintage goods at the Glendale Flea Market on Sunday. Though I couldn't take the side table to sell, I did make a few sales in spite of a quiet Sunday due to the Father's Day weekend. However there were still quite a few folks out looking and haggling and making purchases and some of the purchases were my goods! I made back my booth fee and then some, despite the quiet crowd, so my friend and I are going to return on Sunday July 15 to sell vintage goods again.

Selling at the Glendale Flea Market was a big goal I set during my time in Pete and Wendie's prosperity workshop and I'm so glad that I accomplished this big goal! Now I have to set a few new goals and teaching a creative workshop is one of them. I'm excited to say that I now have something in the works and I hope to share it with you all very soon...

I'm off to continue my cleaning and clearing to make room for more goodness in my life and I'll be sure to share it here with you all, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

it is pretty amazing what all that clearing can lead to!!