Friday, May 18, 2012

Blog Hop With Orly Avineri of One Artist Journal

OMG! I've been wanting to share this exciting information with you all for nearly a YEAR! I'm so VERY excited to announce...

Orly Avineri has published a BOOK!!!

Front cover of the book "One Artist Journal" by Orly Avineri!

Orly has held a long cherished dream of writing a book for many years and she has been working toward finalizing this goal since last year when I first began taking her workshops. She shared this dream with me not long after I began to participate in her workshops and I was so excited that she was choosing to self publish her work that she also shared much of what she learned in her journey of self publication. I was so honored that she shared this long held dream with me! Hearing her story of how she came to finally write her book inspired me in so many ways and it continues to inspire me still. Her journey to self publication was a winding road but it has finally come to its destination.

I already knew about self publishing for a few years and I've often thought that this is the route I will take if I ever write a book of my own. Orly's idea for her book has now changed my ideas of what my own book might look like in the future...

Orly has taken all her original artwork from her online journal One Artist Journal and turned it into a beautiful full color book that includes her words from her blog posts. She is an incredibly thoughtful individual and her blog posts and artwork reflect this about her...

Full front and back cover of "One Artist Journal" by Orly Avineri

There is a forward by Teesha Moore, one of the biggest names in the art journal world and there is an afterword by Seth Apter, also a big name in the art journal world.

I do not yet have a copy of this book, but I have seen Orly's work on her blog and the art that she creates in her home. Orly is an amazingly generous artist, an inspiring teacher and a thought provoking individual. I know that her book is all of this and more...I can't wait to get my own copy!

The oneartistjournal.com blog header - thoughtful artwork by a thoughtful artist!

Today is the day that Orly's book goes live at Amazon.com but that is not the only place where you can get a copy of her book. Here are some other places you can purchase (or win!) Orly's book:

Buy her book direct at her online store!
Buy her book at one of her upcoming workshops
You can enter to win her book by entering the giveaway at her blog oneartistjournal.com - leave a comment on her blog and the winner will be announced on Friday May 25

There are many awesome bloggers who are celebrating this wonderful achievement of Orly's. Be sure to check them out and see what they have to say about Orly's wonderful new book!

Brian Kasstle: apaperbear.wordpress.com
Cindy Woods O'Leary: artfuljourneyretreat.blogspot.com
Donna Cetorelli: solegarden.com
Erin Faith Allen: callofthewildsoul.com
Gina Rossi Armfield: sweetsistergina.typepad.com
Jane LaFazio: janeville.blogspot.com
Liesel Lund: liesel.typepad.com
Teesha Moore: teeshascircus.blogspot.com

Congratulations to Orly for achieving her long held dream of publishing a book!

3 comments:

Karen Wallace said...

Good for her, she must be happy.The book looks great. Hugs Karen

Glenda Hoagland said...

Great blog post

Irene said...

Hi Monica, this is a lovely, personal introduction to Orly's book. Looks like I missed a fun workshop. Hope to see you at the next one.