Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Shorts - Animated Film about OPERA!

Hello Dear Blog Readers! I'm back with another installation of Sunday Shorts, where I share some fun things that I love or am inspired by...

Last week I shared a favorite animated short from my days attending animation festivals. This animated short was actually discovered while watching my local public television station, during the same time I was attending animation festivals.

I have mentioned my time working in costumes in Los Angeles and one of the places I worked for was the Los Angeles Opera Costume Shop. Sometimes we would get tickets to see a preview of the shows we worked on, but opera can be a bit convoluted in their stories. However, many of the themes tend to repeat from one show to another as you will soon learn...

This funny little animated film describes 10 operas in 10 minutes, in an animation style reminiscent of Monty Python, and they are some of the most popular operas in the repertoire of all Opera. Be sure to keep your eye on the 'body count' as the various operas are described - it seems that Opera kills off as many players as Shakespeare does in his plays! ;)

Sunday Shorts Presents "All the Great Operas...In 10 Minutes"!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Karen Wallace said...

Wonderful! Hugs Karen