Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another Art Page for my Art Books...

Hello Dear Blog Readers! Thank you for your comments and messages on my last two posts as I have continued to share things I've been learning about myself. Today, I'm just popping in to share the process of a mixed media art page I began back in March...

I've been sharing my journey of self discovery lately and since I learned how important books are for me in my life I was inspired to create more art pages for my art books as a direct result. You can see the art pages I have been creating in these blog posts here, here and here. Today I'm sharing another "art pages in stages"...

I have a wonderful plastic doily that I found at a local thrift shop and I have used it quite frequently in my work of late. It is quite prominent on this painted and sprayed art page.


First, I sprayed the page with ink spray and added a bit varnish to blend the color in the corners of the page...

Then I used a heavy paint for the large doily and ink sprays with a flower stencil in the other corners of the page. It seems that spraying the first time around made the flower stencil clear and visible, but repeated spraying in the other corners made the stencil image become wildly blurred and blotchy! I decided to go with it instead of deciding it was "wrong"...

I learned long ago that sometimes your materials know better than you do what is needed in your artwork!

When I applied the paint using my plastic lace doily as a stencil, I made sure to load up the paint and it made a great textured surface when I removed the doily stencil...

It could be a birds eye view of a mountain landscape...

I've had quite a few pages going at one time and I'm starting to lose track of which ones are complete! I'll work on photographing the continuing progress of them to share them here with you. Hopefully, I can share them in the next week to come so stay tuned!

BTW: be sure to check back here on Sunday since I've planned a fun return to my "Sunday Shorts" series!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i really like this page a lot...the blurry flower i think worked out perfectly!!