Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More Art Pages in Stages...

Hello Dear Blog Readers! Thank you all for your comments and messages on my blog posts describing my experience with the abundance workshop hosted by my life coach Pete and life coach Wendie. If you have an opportunity to attend one of their future workshops, I highly recommend it! It can be difficult work but anything that can help us move through our fears is always highly worthwhile =-)

As I  mentioned in my previous blog post, I'll be sharing one of many art pages I have been working on in the past few weeks. I gave you a sneak peek before but here it is again:


This page is being created for my small art book* and here are the stages of this page as it has developed so far...


I've had that small red dry cleaning tag for quite some time now and I thought it might look good on this page. Here is a detail shot...


Then I thought I'd add this tiny element found among my numerous itty bitty scraps** of papers...

It is quite a tiny scrap of colorful paper!

Somehow, it felt as though this page needed something stronger added to it so I've been playing with this element...


This long strip of paper comes from a very large encyclopedia book I found at one of my favorite local thrift shops. It was just $5 and the pages are bigger than your regular sheet of copy paper which helps for making large art pages...I pulled out a few pages and then I tore some strips to play with on this page and on another page that you'll see here in future posts...

I don't have a picture yet of how this page has turned out but I'll share it here soon. In the meantime, here is something else I have begun to work on...

***   ***   ***
Last spring I bought the e-course created by Mary Ann Moss, "Remains of the Day - A Shabby Journal of Scraps" and I've only recently begun to work with it along with one of my knitting friends, who bought the course when I did so we could work on it together since she is not much of a sewer though she IS a creative beast in knitting and mosaic tile work!

Now, I mentioned in a previous blog post that I was hoping to sell some of my grandmothers things at a flea market recently. Sadly I did not make much money selling much of anything at the flea market, however I did find a few things for my artwork such as this wonderful jar of fabric scraps...

OMG - this jar was filled to BURSTING with scraps! They kept coming out like so many clowns from a VW car at the circus, just never ending!! ;)

As I began to dig through them, I realized they would be great for creating my shabby scrap book cover and here is how I have started it...

Numerous fabric scraps create a colorful 'mosaic' or patchwork design for my shabby scrap journal cover...

I know the course instructions call for something a little more spontaneous and scrap-like and a little less composed in design but when I saw so many little pinked edge fabric scraps revealed as I took them out of the jar an idea began to form in my mind of making a cover that had a 'patchwork quilt' feeling to it. I'll share more progress on this shabby scrap journal as I continue to construct it...

All this creativity was sparked by answering the questions posed in this video that I have been linking to in previous posts. It really did provide some great new self-knowledge and it verified things I knew that were simmering under the surface. I will share what I learned from this video soon, so stay tuned!


* - You can find pages from my small art book HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE...

** - I actually do keep many small and tiny scraps when I work because I actually manage to use them in my various collage works. Like my Grandma Betty, nothing is wasted in my home! ;)

1 comment:

SueAnn said...

I have bags and drawers filled with fabric scraps and I use them all the time.
Love your page so far
Hugs
SueAnn