Monday, March 12, 2012

A Busy Week Ahead...

Hello everyone! I've been pretty busy lately but I thought I'd share what I'm working on...

I'm still working on a batch of journal pages for my art books - here's a peek at a 'page stage':


I've added to this page since snapping this picture so I'll be sure to get some new pics to share of this one soon..in the meantime here is the backside of this page:


I'm a bit stuck on what to do with this page, but I know it will unfold in due time. Here are some beginning stages of a large page that will be cut into two pages. First up is Side One...

Some paint and spray ink with stencil painting in gold - this is a different color scheme than I usually work with and I like the look

...and here is Side Two of the large art page...


I cut this large page into two art book pages and continued work on them individually. I'll be sure to shoot some pictures of this page to share with you soon. I think they have been progressing nicely, if I do say so myself!

I've also been in communication with my life coach Pete and his workshop partner Wendie as I have been writing up a post or two to share my experience in the workshop I participated in through the month of February. I'm slowly moving through the difficulties of the discoveries I made and I do plan to share them with you all soon...

In the meantime, I'll be busy for the rest of today preparing to sell my grandmothers things at a flea market that takes place tomorrow! I have a friend who is selling vintage goods and she found out about the weekday flea market so we are sharing a space. I hope to sell off a lot of my grandmother's things so I can begin to reclaim my workspace. If you happen to be or know anyone in the Santa Clarita area, come on down and say hello! Here are some sweet figurines I'll be selling tomorrow:

 Sweet little vase figurines from the 1940's that were found hiding in my grandmothers closet

And there's this fabulous figurine I like to call "Mandarin Man":

He may seem imposing in this image but in person he is really fabulous!

I'm really hoping to sell off as much as possible at the flea market. Selling my grandmother's things through Etsy has brought in much needed extra cash, but it's slow going and storing these goods does take up much needed space that could be better used for storing the goods I want to create! But I've had some great luck in selling many creative supplies in my Creative Beast shop lately and that makes me feel very encouraged!

I am starting to see how the Universe really does provide for me, whether I believe I am worthy of it or not
=-)

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

that's a great affirmation! Altho i'd drop the worthy part because you are absolutely worthy!!

LOVE the blue spray painted journal page...very cool!! it's fun seeing their progress!