Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Projects in Process - On Completing One and Being One

I have finally completed a project I began in December - a recycled t-shirt top. Here is how it last looked...

I could sense that it needed a little embellishment and I thought it would be needed at the neckline...


So I gathered some of the remaining scraps of fabric and found some scraps of yarn to use...

And I decided on creating a flower and leaf to add to the neckline...


And here is how it looks stitched to my recycled and remade t-shirt...



It took a little time to get to making this embellishment and it may seem just a little thing, but I think it makes a nice touch...

 
This month, I've been participating in a special workshop co-hosted by my dear life coach Pete Lee and it has been bringing many issues in my life to the surface, which has been a challenge. I'll share some of those challenges in time as I continue to process them but the thing I've been trying to keep in mind is that change is not always a BIG force. It comes in tiny increments, through tiny actions whether made by ourselves or made by others.

This blog post by Karen Wallace of Art Therapy Reflections was a great reminder that change is not always the big scary thing we imagine it to be...

This blog post by Kat of I Saw You Dancing reminded me of the importance of claiming my artistic self...

And her weekly Worthiness Wednesday posts came back to me last week as a powerful reminder that I am WORTHY of things I deserve in my life:

A beautiful home in a safe  and clean neighborhood
A circle of supportive and like-minded Artist friends
An income to cover my life needs and my hearts desires

And don't we all deserve such things in our lives?

My tiny actions to bring about change in my life so far are:
  • keeping a daily schedule - I like to think that this is sending out a message of INTENT to the Universe that I am ready for better things in my life
  • a daily morning meditation - I can ENVISION the things I want in my life and RELEASE the things that are no longer serving me
  • my daily morning walks - this sends a message to my body that I am taking care of it because without it, I can't accomplish anything!
  • taking rest breaks throughout my day - this reminds me that it's OKAY to take a break. Changing habits and lifestyles is HARD WORK! It really is...

And it's time for me to put myself on the daily schedule of Projects in Process, because I am one! ;)

Are you a PiP? Do you make time for yourself as a PiP??

2 comments:

Kat @ I Saw You Dancing said...

So very proud of you, Monica. Working with this stuff is not easy. It sounds like the small shifts you are making will invite some powerful new possibilities into your life.
I am with you, all the way.
(Will reply to your gorgeous email soon...)
xxx

Kathryn Hansen said...

I think we all struggle with feelings of worthiness...to different degrees. Sounds like you're making some great (and healthy) changes to enhance your day!!

I think the small embellishments you added to your shirt, pulled it all together!! It looks great!!