Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HeART-Fully Yours...

Hello dear blog readers and thank you for your comments on my last post! It seems that Art Blog by Kat was the only one to make a guess at the 'riddle' of my haiku and she guessed correctly!

The drink I wrote about was my very first Chai Latte from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, which I was told makes the best chai latte, even better than Starbucks. All I know is that it was the most delicious, savory drink I'd ever tasted and though I tried to make one at home once, with fairly decent results, it just did not compare to the chai latte served up at Coffee Bean/Tea Leaf. I had shared the full story of the chai latte with my fellow art journalers in Orly's workshop and one of them commented that I "latte'd late"!!

Hee, hee, hee! I love silly puns! ;)

Today I'm doing a little post to share an observation I made while looking at some photos of artwork I've made in the past and I was finding a certain shape recurring over and over, like a motif...

It's in this work created for City Hearts - a sewn wall hanging...

...and details from an art book made for City Hearts...

...which lead to making quite a few bottle cap embellishments...


...even the special label I've been using for my hand-made books has it...

...and it shows up in 5 out of 8 affirmation cards I make!

And of course the shape shows up in this artwork I created for Patti Digh's wonderful little book, "Four Word Self Help"...


The four word phrase I originally got for Patti's book was "Let Yourself Be Beloved", which I found challenging at the time, but this is what I thought it would look and feel like.

Lately, I've been thinking about a quote by Henry Miller about money, but I started to wonder what the quote would look like if the word "money" was replaced by the word "love". To amuse myself (and hopefully you too!), here is the quote with "love" where "money" usually is - I think it now goes rather well with my "beloved" drawing!


"To walk in LOVE through the night crowd, protected by LOVE, lulled by LOVE, dulled by LOVE, the crowd itself a LOVE, the breath LOVE, no least single object anywhere that is not LOVE. LOVE, LOVE everywhere and still not enough! And then no LOVE, or a little LOVE, or less LOVE, or more LOVE but LOVE always LOVE. And if you have LOVE , or you don't have LOVE, it is the LOVE that counts, and LOVE makes LOVE, but what makes LOVE make LOVE?"

Henry Miller (1891 - 1980) - original quote from "Money and How It Gets That Way"


I hope you spend some loving care on the person who truly deserves it today -

YOURSELF!


4 comments:

Kat @ I Saw You Dancing said...

I am seriously in love with those bottle caps.
You clever gal!
xx

chrissy said...

you know i LOVE the hearts!
and the art!
and the artist!
xo

SueAnn said...

I did and thanks for that reminder!!
Hearts and stars reoccur in my work as well, Ha
Hugs
SueAnn

Karen Wallace said...

Love the hearts, and the wall hanging. Hugs Karen