Thursday, January 26, 2012

Workshop with Orly - More Writings Revealed...

In my last post I shared a peek at the second journal spread I completed in Orly's workshop during the past weekend but I had not photographed how the spread actually turned out by the end of class so I will share some images with you today...

Here is the last picture I shot of my second journal spread:


And this is how it looked by the end of the workshop:

My second journal spread from Orly's workshop...

One of the exercises Orly lead us through was using the patterns in our own hands to create an "alphabet", by finding symbols in the swirls from our hand and fingerprints...

Charting a new alphabet of meaning for myself...


For some time now I've had an idea to create an alphabet of my own and I was lucky to begin exploring ways I can do it in Orly's workshop. Creating an original alphabet and using it to 'communicate' can be a unique but challenging project that I will continue to ponder in the future...

What could these symbols ('letters') mean if YOU could translate them??


I plan on adding more symbols to this page and I will be sure to share them here with you, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Hi Monica ~ I'm working on putting together a little book using the faces that we colored for Mel's project last year. I just wanted to drop by and tell you how happy I am to have a little piece of your artwork to include in my book. :o) Peace to you! xo

Kathryn Hansen said...

love how you created a personal alphabet from you palm impression...the symbols are very cool! You did a nice job!!

Becoming Dr Doc said...

Monica I love how you use lots of music in your art journals. I also think the hand prints in this make it fab.

Brian Kasstle said...

Monica I love these spreads! I love how the pen work around your hand alphabet just makes it stand out!