Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Easing into 2012...

I've had a lovely week of easing into this new year by taking two whole days to complete the worksheets by Susannah Conway and finishing it up with a completion ritual sent my way from Louise Gale in one of her newsletters. I have to say it felt SO GOOD to burn up slips of paper containing all the things I was ready to let go of and say goodbye to - very FINAL and very cleansing!

Burning out the old unnecessary people, places, things and feelings of 2011 on my stovetop

I also spent a few minutes during the past weekend creating a weekly schedule that I hope will keep me on track moving forward in 2012. Looking back on 2011, I realized that I spent a lot of time recuperating from the horrible workplace that I was laid off from, but I also realized that I needed that recuperation time very much...

I have always been a hard worker, but sometimes it leads to too much work as it did in my previous job, which inevitably lead to my burn-out. I've been doing a lot of thinking of what is work and what is play and realizing that I need to redefine both. My current mind-set of separating the two may not serve me in the new year, just as thinking that I need to have a fully stocked Etsy shop did not serve me and changing that mind-set has been freeing to say the least. I'm hoping that redefining work and play will help me to move forward in the future and keep me from resisting anything that feels like "work", which is something I've found myself doing in the past few months, so much so that it took me some time to actually do the worksheets to close out 2011 and hone my word for 2012!

And yet, for some reason, I've been feeling an urgency to get these tasks of closing out the old year and defining the new one, but I don't know why I felt that urgency. After I completed the worksheets and did the completion ritual I now see why I felt that urgency - 2011 was a hard year and I needed to really close it out so I can move into 2012 with a clear mind and a free heart. I may still need a little more recuperation time as I define work and play, but I do feel that the old year is VERY MUCH behind me.

I've also decided that make things in my life a little easier, I will be blogging once a week. Since I still do not have internet at home, I've decided to focus on completing projects I've started, and continuing the cleaning and clearing in my home and NOT make frequent drives to my dear boyfriends home to check emails - all that driving takes time away from completing the projects! It's time to employ my creative resources to make my life a little simpler, more art-full and to make room for Abundant Support to come into my life in any form it takes. It's long overdue! I hope you'll stay tuned as I check in weekly with my progress and my challenges...

How are YOU easing into 2012? What are you doing to ease yourself into 2012?

3 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

boy...i know what you mean by burn out!! i super over did it the last two months but feel very happy and optimistic about 2012!!

To ease in I've been doing a lot of visualizations, meditating and concentrating on my intentions!

Kat @ I Saw You Dancing said...

What a fantastic way to Stuart the year, Monica. Gentle but full of intent. And very powerful, combined with all of the clearing and cleansing you have been doing of your physical and emotional space.
It is going to be one incredible year, my friend.

Karen Wallace said...

I am so glad to have connected with you in 2011 and hope to continue our blogging together relationship in 2012. Hugs Karen