Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Collective Work and Responsibility - A Review

Tonight is the third night of Kwanzaa, the African American holiday that celebrates meaningful principles, with a new principle for each night. Tonight is the night we celebrate Collective Work and Responsibility and I'm reviewing what I accomplished in 2011 as I wrote about these principles last year, with the intent of finding ways to move forward with them in 2012.

Third night of Kwanzaa - Collective Work and Responsibility
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together.


Then and Now...

Here is what I wrote about these principles last year:
  • I have worked with many people in the past year to help solve problems or to help them figure out a way to move forward or to help them take some first steps into their creative future by using my experience and my skills I've acquired in Life. I do expect to continue doing this type of work in the name of "solving each others problems" and I'm hoping that I can acquire a scholarship to learn how to facilitate Soul Collage workshops in order to continue helping others
  •   I also hope to do some collaborative work with other artists - I'm not sure how this will manifest, but I know it is something that I am hoping for in 2011... 
Sadly, I was unable to begin training in Soul Collage but I can say that I did help out a few people this year in terms of their creative work. I do hope to continue with helping out others and encouraging others in finding and doing their creative skills.

I'm also sorry to report that collaborative work did not take place this year as I'd hoped for, but since I didn't have a definite plan, that could have been a factor. Maybe if I am able to create the circle of like minded artists, there will be opportunities for collaboration? Then true 'Ujima' can be accomplished =-)

What are some ways you can incorporate Collective Work and Responsibility in your life for 2011??

1 comment:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Collaboration was something that I really wanted in my life for a long time, and it took a long while to manifest. But it will come when the time is right.

I'm enjoying your end of year review Monica.